Styptic Pencil...where?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by bittermormon, Jul 11, 2012.

1. bittermormon

bittermormon Active Member

When I was younger I remember my mom bought be a Styptic pencil to help with the cuts I'd get as I started shaving. Where do you find these things now? I've searched both of my local stores, both in the shaving section and the first aid section, with no luck.

It can't be that tough...right?

2. GeneRector

GeneRector Active Member

:) Howdy! I think Pinaud/Clubman makes one. Do a search for stypic pencil. Always, Gene

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Shaving section and sometimes next to the deodorant section. Most Wal*Marts and Walgreens carry them. Also local pharmacies should carry them. If you still can't find them, ask for one here on the forums. Unless you add it to an existing order online, they just aren't worth buying online. You'll get gouged on the shipping fees.

4. ZackPomerleau

ZackPomerleau Active Member

They are usually by the aftershaves. At least, where I am at. I have a Clubman one.

5. bittermormon

Thanks for the replies. I never go to Walgreens, but they show them in my local stores online.

6. burpsan

burpsan Well-Known Member

Locally (Salt Lake) ...

Walgreens has some where the shaving stuff is.
    Rite Aide does too (last time I checked) anyway.

burnout961 and bittermormon like this.
  7. GeneRector

GeneRector Active Member

:) Howdy! It is Styptic Pencil after all. I thought it was misspelled. I saw some today at Walmart where the shaving supplies are. Always, Gene

8. fishshocker

fishshocker New Member

Both the Mart of Walls and the Supplier of Sallys Beauty has them.

bittermormon likes this.
  9. bittermormon

thanks everyone. I found them at Wally World.

Side note...besides carrying Clubman, Walgreens shaving selection is terrible where I am.

10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

It's not just where you are. I haven't been impressed with the shaving section of any Walgreens, CVS or RiteAid I've been in.

11. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

^^ Pretty much why I order everything shaving related online. I can very very rarely find anything worthwhile at a brick and mortar store.

12. Rafen

Rafen Member

I just made a trip to wally world and Walgreen's today for one of these. I got one at wally world but you are right Walgreen's selection is horrible unless you want a cartridge razor. Even then the prices are crazy ridiculous.

13. raag

raag Member

I think in Melbourne, Australia I found mine at a local chemist.

14. asleep2shave

asleep2shave Well-Known Member

I live in Canada and we have it at Shoppers Drug Mart. You can try ordering online if you can't find any around you.

15. Rafen

Rafen Member

I got mine at Wally World for 97 cents. So I would try there because that is a lot cheaper than buying one online and paying shipping.

16. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Shipping on a pencil would be way over kill but could be easily added on to an order or anything else from the major online retailers