Summer shave soaps and creams

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by ztirf1953, Apr 13, 2011.

1. ztirf1953

ztirf1953 Active Member

With summer fast approaching, I'm wondering what's a good soap and/or cream for summer use?

What's your favorite Italian or English or American (or any nationality) soap/cream?:confused::confused::confused:

2. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

MENTHOL :D:D:D

I would probably say something that isn't too moisturizing. As the sweat and heat and such, however your skin might still need some moisture.

3. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Williams, Arko, Tabac, Provence Sante are all good soaps for summer season.

4. dashmaverick

dashmaverick Member

My personal favorite summer shave gear: Williams, Proraso (C.O. Bigelow, Omega), TSD Iced Sub-Zero, Godrej Menthol Mist, Ingrams

5. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Menthols including Proraso/Bigelow, and 'fruity/fresh' scents like some of the TOBS scents and AOS Lavender/Lemon

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Any soap or cream is good for summer.

I know many folks categorize their soaps and creams into different seasons.
    I just use what ever comes up next in the rotation.

7. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

I also do this with my colognes/EDTs. Some just seem more wintery and summery than others

8. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

In addition to anything with menthol, the fruity creams/soaps are particularly nice for the summer. The ones I really like are JoAnna's Pink Grapefruit (with menthol of course) and Mama Bears Lime Ice.

9. dashmaverick

dashmaverick Member

Also, nothing else screams summertime beach fun than TSD Monkey Farts!

Summer is also when I break out all my lime/citrus scented soaps & creams.

10. revtriplep

revtriplep Member

Noooo menthol for me

Sorry guys, can't stand mentholated soaps or creams. I've been mixing a little of Lucky Tiger Cream with a Little dab of Cremo Cream and get a wonderful, good-smelling, and slick cream to shave with. It's nice!!

11. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I agree with Steve. I don't tend to categorize my soaps, but I did purchase some Mandarin Ice, in hopes it will mix well with Bay Rum!

12. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

Same here.. I don't change based on season.. I simply change location.

I LOVE shaving out back in my yard. It takes some adjustment to my technique since I don't yet have hot running water out there, but it's the best experience out in the cool morning air regardless of the software I use.

13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

MENTHOLLLLLLLLLL, and the more, the better! :D

14. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Aside from being the ambassador for TSD's Yin/Yang (lavender & lime), I'd have to also go with a soap I've started using recently from Turkey.. Dalan D'Men. Don't let the cheap price fool you.. it's some damn fine cream. They have a sensitive version. I get it from www.shaveabuck.com but see it's been removed.. although shaveabuck has have plenty listed on eBay at
    http://shop.ebay.com/gman41098/m.html?_nkw=dalan (I sure hope they don't stop carrying it!)

15. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

Ive broken out the lime and peppercorn scents and bay rum for the warmer weather, and the fla. h2o. I also will be getting some new soaps soon and will be looking for warmer citrusy stuff.

16. ztirf1953

ztirf1953 Active Member

Summer Soap

I've enjoyed hearing what many of you have to say about summer soaps/creams.

Let me narrow my question and focus and ask: Which scent from TSD do you prefer for the hot summer days of shaving?::whacky011

17. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

iced subzero!

there are also some that prefer iced peppermint as well (but I have not tried it, so I can't say much about that one)

18. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Well, I did try the Mandarin Ice and it worked very well, maybe I will try the Lemon Ice... I dunno I swore Mama Bears soaped weren't this good, maybe my last one was just a dud.

19. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

Artisan glycerin soaps keep well with me in the summer. Heavy tallows for the winter, baby!

20. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Anything with loads of menthol, or if you have the M-Bomb, anything. :)

Dunno why, but that made me chuckle... :D