Super Bowl Time. Whats for dinner?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by southernscribbler, Feb 4, 2012.

1. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

We are making 2 home made pizzas and some teriyaki chicken wings. Got to have at least one beer Bud light Lime for me thanks.

One Pizza is going to be a chicken and spinach with mushrooms and way too much mozzarella cheese. The second will be a supreme with bacon pepperoni, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and way too much cheese.

I am pulling for the Giants. Hopefully they won't step on their own toes with penalties like they have so many times in the past.

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Sounds good Dad.

We're not going to watch the bowl but I know we're gonna have leftover fake chicken and dumplings for lunch and I may try to get a few pizzas rolling for dinner too.

3. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Your not watching the game?:shocked003::kar:Anyway it's pizza for me with Iced Sweet Tea and Soda throughout the evening.

Oh yeah, Go Patriots!

4. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

I am making a "Heart Attack Roll"

1 lb cooked bacon rolled inside 2 lbs of Italian sausage wrapped in a weave of bacon (yes more bacon) and then smoked and covered in BBQ when its done.

5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Bob, O.K. I might regret asking but "fake chicken and dumplings?" Just what comprises "fake chicken and dumplings?"

6. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

inquiring minds want to know :signs002:

OH, and while I don't really follow either team I usually pull for who ever is playing New England.

7. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

As for food: not sure yet, parents are cooking, could be ordering pizza, could be tacos, could be fish....dunno yet.

As for who I'm pulling for.....let's just say I'm hoping the commercials are great :) Honestly, I think I like the Patriots a little better than the Giants, but I think the Giants will win if it's a close game at the end.

"Heart Attack Roll" - I always saw that recipe labeled as "Bacon Explosion"

And yes, we all are now extremely curious as to exactly what "fake chicken and dumplings" is? Is it C&D made with McDonald's chicken? :happy102:

GDCarrington likes this.
  8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Bob, we are now waiting with baited breath for the answer! :signs011:

sol92258 likes this.
  9. battle.munky

It is C&D made vegetarian style is all. Instead of using broth, TWGW uses Better Than Bullion, No Chicken Base and Quorn fake chicken. Tastes remarkably like real C&D. Slice up the Quorn log appropriately and throw some dumpling in and voila!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Now we know!

11. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Now we know, but that don't make it right....

battle.munky and GDCarrington like this.
  12. frankflood

frankflood Active Member

i'm making some buffalo wings and have some craft brewed ipa from deschutes brewery. i better get cooking

13. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Sheppard's pie at my place...but (don't kill me) I am not partaking in the Superbowl this year.

Edit: should note we don't have cable...

14. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

firing up the grill and cooking some brats and dogs.

15. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Had an IMP that seems to identify itself as beef, however I can't vouch for the particular animal (if any) that was killed for it. And beer. Lots and lots of beer.

16. battle.munky

Fake C&D trumps no C&D. I take what I can get. It's probably a good 3 or 4 years since I had real C&D. :(

17. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Sorry about that Bob. :(

If it makes you feel better I'll make a batch of fake meatless chili tomorrow, with all meat and no beans. :)