Super Max shaving cream - a super-nice cream!

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by crackstar, Jul 29, 2012.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

ggg_306.jpg This is a Bulgarian cream which is sold all over Europe, and I wish they would bring it in to North America, because it's so good!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--A pleasure to work with.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Lasts forever if you want!

General skincare: 9/10--Very moisturizing. Menthol is listed, but I can't feel it.

Scent: 10/10--Lovely. I can't describe it, though.

Price: N/A--I traded for it, so I don't know how much it is.

Would I buy again: 10/10--You wouldn't have to twist my arm!

I think the world of most Bulgarian creams because they lather and perform so well. This stuff smells delightful and delivers on everything I want from a cream, except the menthol sensation. I still love it, and I would buy it again if I could find it.

Mechguy likes this.
  2. GeneRector

GeneRector Active Member

Howdy! Jeff: Sounds like a great shaving cream! Maybe I can try it one day. Currently, I have several tubes of other creams and several soaps waiting to be used. One thing I have found out is that it is difficult to try "everything" that is out there. Low cost samples in a bundle or group of 5 to 10 would be great. Enjoy your shaves! I sure enjoy mine! Always, Gene

crackstar likes this.
  3. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Thanks to a UK friend I also have been favored with some Super Max Ultimate (classic). Been using it with different straight razors for awhile and it's not bad. Using it in my Suribachi set into a large coffee cup of hot water. Lather is very nice warm, nice cushion, fairly long lasting. Now that I'm using the Suribachi all soaps, sticks, creams are equally easy to lather up.

4. dcc

dcc Well-Known Member

In Bulgaria this cream costs approximately 0.70$ :)

crackstar likes this.
  5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Jeff. by now you must have enough creams to last through 2 or 3 Shavepocalypses. ;)

crackstar likes this.
  6. crackstar

Oh my God - are you serious??????????????????? :eek: :eek:

7. dcc

dcc Well-Known Member

Аbsolutely! After reading the review I decided to try it, until now I thought it was some cheap crap :) Now I can say that is close to my favorites Agressia Fresh,Каро Classic,but it is a liquid, not so thick,which does not affect its quality.

crackstar likes this.
  8. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Jeff, I am not trying to be a kiss ass, but reading your reviews on shave creams is something I really enjoy.

crackstar likes this.
  9. crackstar

It is my big pleasure to help any way I can! :)

10. dcc

dcc Well-Known Member

Have you tried menthol version of this cream?

11. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

Menthol listed but not felt :D
    The same problem the Pascale cream I use. It's probably from the same company since it also performs great :)
    btw. nice review as always :D

crackstar likes this.
  12. crackstar

No, and I wish I could get it..........I heard it is fantastic.

13. dcc

dcc Well-Known Member

Pascale is produced by "Aroma",SuperMax by "Fresh Up Cosmetics".

crackstar and Monkeylord like this.
  14. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

Thanks for the info ;)

15. crackstar

Agressia Fresh and Karo Classic are both lovely creams. I am very impressed with their scents, their lathering abilities, and their gentle and soothing post-shave care. Bulgaria is a genious country for top shaving creams, like Russia, India, Italy, and several other countries. :)

16. Sam D.

Sam D. Member

Crackstar, your reviews of exotic products led me to buy one tub of IKAR and one of Kapo. Both are good as far as their lathering abilities are concerned, but to my nose the Kapo is almost unscented. I do not regret buying them but while the packaging rocks, they are actually nothing special and sicne there are sooo many beautiful products out there, I will almost certainly not buy again.

crackstar likes this.
  17. dcc

dcc Well-Known Member

Are You Sure? Мy whole bathroom smells after one hour as a barbershop :D

crackstar likes this.
  18. crackstar

I have a Karo Fresh cream also which smells different from the Classic. I think the Classic version is much better. :)

19. crackstar

I heard of the Ikar cream, but I never tried it. As I was saying before, I think the world of the Karo Classic cream. I think it's one of the best I ever used in all my life.

dcc likes this.
  20. dcc

dcc Well-Known Member

I know for people who only use this cream all my life and do not want to hear about another!

crackstar likes this.