Super rare Gillettes up for sale *CLOSED*

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by IAmTheJody, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I've really enjoyed collecting razors but as part of my new year's resolution of getting back to basics, I'm moving on from collecting and more into enjoying the shaving itself. Vintage razors are simply wonderful, beautiful pieces of functional art and it's time to share with others.

Firstly, I should note that every razor in my collection is for sale in which you can see a full listing here and pictures at my personal web site photo gallery here. If you see something you'd like that isn't listed below, PM me.

But here specifically, I wanted to point out the following rare items as they are the ones in my collection with a firm asking price. I'm offering them on the forums first before going to eBay so that I can pass on some savings since I won't have to pay eBay fees if I sell them off of eBay:
    • SOLD for $545.00 via eBay - 1949 "Executive"; rhodium-plate; twist-to-open; solid bar guard; double-edge; original ostrich leather case; original instructions pamphlet; original 3 blade dispensers including the cream one which denotes this is the 1949 Executive and not the 1950 Executive and the other 2 still sealed in their foil; razor near mint, case excellent including the case mirror; seen here in my razor collection gallery - very rare set - $500.00 firm.
    • 1958 "red dot Fat Boy"; D-1 date code; nickel-plate; twist-to-open; solid bar guard; double edge; adjustable; original thicker Fat Boy case; both razor and case in excellent condition - the case itself is as rare as the razor. Razor is near mint. Seen here in my razor collection gallery. $500.00 firm
    • 1958 "Toggle"; D-1 date code; first year of the retail Toggle in the long blue acrylic case; gold-plate; flip-toggle-switch-to-open; solid bar guard; double edge; adjustable; mint New Old Stock with sealed blades, gold foil $10.00 price tag, instructions booklet and un-used warranty registration card - Seen here in my razor collection gallery. - $450.00 firm
    • 1958 "Executive"; aka "gold Fat Boy"; D-3 date code; First year of the adjustable Executive; gold-plate; twist-to-open; solid bar guard; double-edge; adjustable; razor and case near mint - Seen here in my razor collection gallery - $350.00 firm
    • SOLD - 1960 "195 Adjustable"; aka "bottom-dial Fat Boy"; F-4 date code; nickel-plate; twist-to-open; solid bar guard; double-edge; 1-9 adjuster ring at bottom of handle; with original 195 Adjustable case and sealed blades/dispenser; sold for $1.95 hence the official name 195 Adjustable; the case has a broken hinge, a crack in the lid and some crackling within the lid but just to have this case, it's so rare, those defects do not matter at all to any collectors - Seen here in my razor collection gallery - The case alone would sell for several hundred dollars as it's so rare. $1100.00 firm. One sold a few weeks ago on eBay, WITHOUT A CASE, for $1875.00 as you can see here.
    Open to international locations with the usual "except for Italy" exception. At your cost for registered, secured and insured shipping. Thanks.

CONUS buyers: Please note that these will be mailed via insured, signature-at-time-of-delivery-required USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate shipping and is not included in the prices. That cost will be based on how many items you buy. Generally if you only buy 1, it'll be about $15.00. As the size of the USPS flat rate box increases due to more items, the price also increases. But I don't charge any extra. Only what USPS charges me.

Payment via PayPal only. I have 100% positive feedback on eBay with 650 entries and can provide the link on request. I also have 100% positive feedback on The Shave Den and while there is no feedback system on Shave My Face, I haven't had a complaint yet other than where I mis-read the date code on a Fat Boy but I promptly refunded the members money.

So there you go. An opportunity to give a good home to some awesome and rare pieces. Send me a PM for further payment details. :)

simmonds, battle.munky and alpla444 like this.
  2. IAmTheJody

Still got these. Thinking Christmas is a bad time to sell rare, pricey ones but... :happy102:

3. IAmTheJody

OK, opening these up to international locations with the usual "except for Italy" exception. At your cost for registered, secured and insured shipping. Thanks.

4. IAmTheJody

The bottom-dial Fat Boy has been sold! The others are still available!

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. IAmTheJody

A 10-days later bumpity bump...

6. IAmTheJody

15 days later bump... any reasonable offers? PM me.

7. IAmTheJody

Hi all. I really need to move these as I'm done with collecting and would really like to see these go to people who can appreciate them. To that end, I'm drastically lowering the prices as follows:

The 1949 "Executive" from $650 to $500.

The 1958 "red dot Fat Boy" from $650 to $500.

The 1958 "Toggle" from $550 to $450.

Also a reminder that in addition to these, everything in my collection as seen on my web site gallery is for sale so if you see something there you'd like, contact me via PM.

Shipping rules still apply as noted in the first post of this thread.

8. IAmTheJody

The 1949 "Executive" has sold on eBay today with bidding ending at $545.00 plus $21.10 in shipping costs (priority, insured with signature delivery confirmation).

The others are still available.

Get them cheaper here through TSD before they hit eBay! ;):)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.