Super Speed PIF *DONE*

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Conrad1959, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

I have been a Shave Den member for 40 days and from this membership I have been on the receiving
    end of invaluable guidance and advice, not to mention the
    sheer enjoyment. It is time to begin giving back, admittedly in a very small way, via PIF offerings. Being a fan of the Super Speed I would like to PIF one of these fine pieces to a Shave Den member. The razor was made 1st quarter 1966. It will come to you in a clean white plastic display case along with a Gillette Stainless Steel blade dispenser containing 3 to 4 blades.

To qualify:
    1) Be a Shave Den member since March 1, 2012, and

2) Simply give me the name of your favorite brush. If you would like to elaborate on you choice, please do, but that is not required. There is some selfishness involved here as I plan to purchase additional brushes in the near future and your answers will assist me in choosing.

Submissions accepted through March 31. The winner will be chosen by random.org on April 1.

Thank you for participating and thank you for making the Shave Den an enjoyable and helpful place to visit.

DSC08392.jpg

macaronus and 5Savages like this.
  2. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

I'm in! For real this time.

I have a few brushes. Some very cheap boars all the way up to a Shavemac DO1 silvertip. But the brush I keep coming back to is my Ever-Ready handle with a TGN Pure Badger knot. It is a real workhorse. Works with all soaps and creams and is pretty soft. I stray every now and then and try other brushes for a while. But I always come back to this brush. It was my first badger brush and is my favorite.

Conrad1959 likes this.
  3. ksb63

ksb63 Active Member

Right now it's a cheap vdh boar (swmbo is getting me a simpson duke for my birthday)

4. Dusty5150

Dusty5150 Well-Known Member

count me in!

"The Grosvenor" - Vulfix 404 Boar/Badger Mix - this brush is by far my favorite. It's pretty big, it's nice and heavy and it lathers effortlessly!

5. catanUS

catanUS I pity da fool!

My favorite is my Rooney. Builds great lather and feels great on my face.

I also have a Vulfix but I think it is too big and floppy for me. It works, but has too much loft. And I have an AoS super badger, but I've only used it twice so i can't really give a fair judgement on it yet.

Attached Files:

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My favorite is an Em's Place silvertip badger. (My husband likes the same kind of brush.) It feels good & lathers well.

7. Nicker & Cut

Nicker & Cut New Member

Favorite is Frank Shaving Silvertip. It is a fantastic brush with good heft and backbone. And fairly inexpensive to boot.

Another choice, fairly close is the Muhle Best Badger. The quality is far superior than the grade of badger would lead you to believe. The build quality is amazing. The only negative is the price.

8. ajdhn

ajdhn Well-Known Member

Count me in please, nice PIF (and I don't have a super speed).

My favourite brush is the Vulfix travel brush in super badger. Yes, it is small, but lathers like a beast.

Conrad1959 likes this.
  9. BossManBill

BossManBill Well-Known Member

Well, I've only got one brush (I'm a flat out newbie at this). I started out as a dedicated SR shaver, and have been adding DE to my reg routine.

I have a Tweezerman badger hair that I picked up on amazon. It sheds lightly, but has held up very, very well. And for $11, it's easy on the wallet.

Conrad1959 likes this.
  10. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Count me in.

I've got a few brushes but my favorite would have to be my Rooney Style 2 Size 1 Genuine Silvertip Badger

coming in a close second is a Ever-Ready 100 that I put a new TGN finest badger knott.

Conrad1959 likes this.
  11. Sergio Campos

Sergio Campos Active Member

Count me in! My favorite at the time is an Omega Boar Brush, really great!

Conrad1959 likes this.
  12. Pav

Pav New Member

Unfortunately I having nothing special as I am just starting out and have been concentrating on razors and now blades and creams/soaps. Mine is a Bluebeards Revenge Doubloon brush. Please count me in though.

Conrad1959 likes this.
  13. ajsaxs

ajsaxs Active Member

Please count me in.

My favorite brush is a black and white Ever-Ready 100T.

Thank You !

Conrad1959 likes this.
  14. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Nice PIF, Conrad!
    Don't count me in as I'm already blessed with a flare tip Rocket, which is my favourite razor. And I don't want to steal yours away from someone else. :)
    As for my favourite brush: it's a vintage De Vergulde Hand boar brush. It is a joy to use for face lathering.
    As you might guess: brushes suffer as much from the YMMV-ailment as do razors and blades. Good luck with choosing your new brush!

Good luck to the rest: the winner is a real winner!

Conrad1959 likes this.
  15. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Don't count me in... but, very sweet PIF!

Conrad1959 likes this.
  16. DanInFL001

DanInFL001 New Member

My only brush; a 5$ Marvy from Sallys Beauty Supply. Count me in.

Conrad1959 likes this.
  17. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

I have enjoyed my Frank Best Badger.

18. Gibbled

Gibbled Member

Ooh, I'm in with my Duke 3.

Conrad1959 likes this.
  19. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Please count me in. My favorite brush is the Omega Imitation Badger Lucretia Borgia. Beautiful brush, great for face lathering.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Conrad1959 likes this.
  20. JDC

JDC Member

Art of Shaving pure badger. Works well with both creams and soaps.

Conrad1959 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.