Super Speed's For Sale - ***COMPLETED***

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by stingraysrock, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

September 5, 2010 = Pictures were re-loaded

I have [SLASH]36[/SLASH] [SLASH]25[/SLASH] [SLASH]22[/SLASH] [SLASH]17[/SLASH] [SLASH]16[/SLASH] [SLASH]15[/SLASH] [SLASH]13[/SLASH] [SLASH]11[/SLASH] [SLASH]10[/SLASH] [SLASH]9[/SLASH] [SLASH]7[/SLASH] [SLASH]5[/SLASH] [SLASH]3[/SLASH] [SLASH] 2[/SLASH] 0 razors left for sale. I bought these razors specifically to provide low cost razors to new wet shavers and anyone else who wants to add some Super Speeds to their den.

Mission accomplished! I am pulling the last one from the sale and will PIF it or send it to off in the January Newbie Give-A-Way.

I have been deleting the razors as we went along and as they sold, or I pulled them off and traded them or whatever. I no longer have the original pictures or descriptions. It would be nice to close this thread and have it show as it did when the thread first went up, but that is beyond my capability. Maybe Sparky or Jo or another Mod can fix it up for me. Either way, it has been fun seeing these razors make their way into new hands without a massive markup along the way.

Some of the pictures make the razor look heavily brassed, but most of them are a lot better looking in person.

Because I love TSD so much, each razor sold will result in me donating $2.00 to The Shave Den. When I started wet shaving several months ago, I poked around all of the wet shave boards and joined many of them, but TSD is the only board that I have actually posted to more than 3 times.

Each razor is $10.00 plus $2.50 postage for each razor CONUS. See the end of message for sales outside CONUS.

If you buy more than one razor, the razors will be sent to you in a $4.95 USPS small flat rate box CONUS as long as the amount of razors actually fit in the box. I think can get up to four razors per small flat rate box comfortably. The shipping price for anything over four razors in a box will need to be adjusted accordingly. If you are outside CONUS, the price of the razor(s) is the same, but we will need to discuss the actual shipping price before buying and shipping.

Each razor is numbered, and the picture of each razor occurs in order. I tried to describe each razor objectively. However, if for some reason you receive a razor that is not as described, send it back to me and I will refund the purchase price. I want to make it emphatically clear that this is not a profit center for me, I am just providing Super Speeds to everyone at low cost. I plan on being a member of The TSD Family For As Long As I Am Welcome!

Again, all razors are $10.00 each plus shipping unless otherwise noted.

PayPal, check, cash, or money order is acceptable. Send me a PM with the razor number(s) that you want to buy and we will go from there.

***PIF'D*** #24 - 1960 SS - date code F4, peppering of brass on head, doors and TTO knob. Fair to shave grade.

***SOLD*** #30 - 1966 SS - date code L4, I believe black handle started in 1969, but has a date code of L, which is 1966. Brassing and tarnish under head, TTO, and G Bars, black paint OK, fair condition.

Attached Files:

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :happy096

Very generous of you, Jeff!

If the members could post in this thread I'm sure many would be applauding you and your effort.

You, and others like you, are what make this the best wet shave board on the planet!

3. stingraysrock

Thank You My Queen! It is the least I can do. I will most likely go more than $2.00 each at the rate they are selling!

4. stingraysrock

32 left. Also, just to clarify; the $2.50 shipping applies to single razor purchases. If you buy two or more, as long as I can fit them into one box, then I will send them in a $4.95 flat rate box. I think I can get up to 4, maybe 6 in one box.

5. stingraysrock

I have had questions about the $2.50 shipping, so I will answer here:

Postage is running $1.56 for one razor whether it goes to Washington State, or Massachusetts, and the padded mailer costs me .85 cents. It is cleaner to ask for $2.50 instead of $2.41. The extra .09 cents helps me pay for the PayPal fees, which are about .66 cents for each $12.50 received.

Thanks to everyone who has purchased or traded out of the batch. As soon as I have a decent amount sold, I will make the lump sum donation to TSD at the TSD store.

Happy Shaving!

6. stingraysrock

Happy Friday From Steamy Florida!

I have updated the listing to remove the 10 razors that have sold. This means a $20.00 donation to the TSD Store is in order.

I have also changed the price of the entire lot sale from $300.00 to $200.00. At 26 razors, that is $7.69 per razor if you buy the entire lot.

Have a great weekend!

7. stingraysrock

Plenty left...

8. stingraysrock

All of the razors sold thus far caused me to get the order of the descriptions and pictures out of sync, so I deleted all of the previous pictures and replaced them with new photos taken today.

9. stingraysrock

17 left! As promised, I am making a $40.00 donation at the TSD store right now.

Thanks to all ya'll for making TSD the best wet shave board on the planet!

10. stingraysrock

This has been fun! There are 13 left!

11. stingraysrock

11 Left Now. It is super cool that these razors have found new homes!

Thank you to everyone who has given them a new home and helped to keep TSD The Best Wet Shave Board On The Planet!

12. stingraysrock

Nine left.
    Nine is my favorite number.
    Nine is a magic number.
    Mathematical magic that is!

13. stingraysrock

Only three left...wow! I started with 36!

14. stingraysrock

All Gone! Thanks everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.