Superbowl Snackin'

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by swarden43, Jan 31, 2017.

1. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I like it a bit spicy myself. I typically use a hot sausage and mix a little cayenne in the cream cheese mixture.

Straight razor dandy likes this.
  2. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I like your style, sir

cmorris357 likes this.
  3. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

Finger foods mostly. Potatoe skins, mozz sticks, wings, chips and dips.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Bobcat and Matt0210 like this.
  4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Mmmmmm, bacon.:drool:

PanChango likes this.
  5. RetLEO-07

Way to go Col. I'll have the rum out. Not sure on the menu yet.

6. RetLEO-07

Did you save the bristles? :)

7. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

That pizza looks incredible. How do you make it?

8. Straight razor dandy

9. Straight razor dandy

IMG_20170205_140832.jpg

Here's part of my SuperBowl party spread

Bobcat and PanChango like this.
  10. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Axis Deer Jalapeno & Cheese Salami, Axis Deed Jerky Tenders, and Chips and Salsa...................

Bama Samurai likes this.
  11. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Below are the recipes for the dough and the sauce. Couple of secrets. I like a New York style thin crispy crust. Bobby Flay's recipe is a good one. It makes enough dough for two 14 inch pizzas. You can freeze half (wrapped tightly in plastic wrap) and it makes for a quick meal later on. It will keep in the freezer for a good month or more. Secret one: make sure you use bread flour not regular all purpose flour. That is if you want the crispy crust. Flays' recipes talks about this point. The second secret: not really secret but - use a pizza stone. The stone helps draw moisture out of the dough while baking and again makes for a more crispy crust.

The sauce is one of many recipes. I like this one. I leave out the fennel seed though. I also add more garlic about three gloves instead of one. The recipe makes enough sauce for two pizzas and just like the dough - freeze half of the sauce in a small plastic storage container and it will be good for more than a month. Toppings are what ever you want - I stay pretty traditional with pepperoni, mushrooms, sliced black olives and mozzarella cheese. At the end - I sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese over the top.

I usually bake it on the gas grill. Put the pizza stone on the center of the grate. I have a three burner grill. I turn the two outside burners on high and leave the center off. When the temperature gets up to 500 deg F, I slip the pizza onto the hot stone using a pizza peel. It cooks pretty fast so stand by and don't go wandering off somewhere. Try it - you'll like it.:)

Here are the links to the dough and sauce recipes:
    www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/pizza-dough-recipe.html
    http://www.food.com/recipe/ultimate-pizza-sauce-114392

One other secret: corn meal. Spread some corn meal on the pizza peel and lay the dough on the peel. Then assemble your ingredients. The dough will slide off easily onto the pizza stone that way.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    swarden43 and Matt0210 like this.
  12. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

Really appreciate the recipe. Thanks a lot. Your the bomb dot com

Col C likes this.