Superior 70

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by ZackPomerleau, Jun 2, 2012.

1. ZackPomerleau

ZackPomerleau Active Member

Anyone use this? I can't find it anywhere but I must say it sounds intriguing price wise. What do you think? Mentholated version much different?

2. Ray Settanta

Ray Settanta Well-Known Member

I have a sample of the Superior 70 Bay Rum aftershave. I like my other Bay rums better.

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I use Superior 70 just about every day. I am fortunate that I can buy it from the bodega across the street from work for $2.25 a bottle. I like the scent as it doesn't have the clovey spiciness, but a nice light bay scent. I've never used the mentholated version, but have did dump a bunch of menthol crystals in one of my bottles once. It was alright, but overpowered the scent.

5. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I like to use it as an after shower splash, because it's light and not overpowering with the scent of cloves.

6. byrd

byrd Well-Known Member

I really like the stuff. The mentholated is not a bay rum at all, just a menthol splash. I am pretty sure I bought mine from shoebox shave shop.

7. ZackPomerleau

Got to smell some Masters today and found it quite odd smelling. Of course, on skin it may smell better. May have to give it a chance. For now I have so much aftershave in my possession or coming my way I just need to figure this all out!

8. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

I have been getting Superior 70 at Walgreens online, though each time they seem change the procedure. I consider it a bona-fide bay rum along with my Stephans, Masters, and Pinuad, and blend the Superior 70 with these for my travel stash.

9. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Superior 70, is in mt regular rotation. Personally I enjoy how it refresh my face.

10. ZackPomerleau

Hopefully I can find some of this locally. Seems like none of this stuff is around.

11. Ray Settanta

Ray Settanta Well-Known Member

I can't find it locally either. For $2.25 a bottle, I would just put more on.:)

12. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I don't mind it but far prefer Master's to it.

I went to my local Walgreens and had them special order it. They will ship a bottle free from another store or the distributor for you. I think it was $4. I ended up trading it or pif'ing it away though since it didn't have as much staying power as I prefer. Other than that, its pretty good.

13. ZackPomerleau

Don't even have a local Wal-Greens. The closest is 20 or so minutes away. Nothing around my area.