Swedish Gillettes - back up blades?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by cvac, Nov 4, 2008.

1. cvac

cvac Member

For those that use "swedes", what are your #2 blades?

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Too much "excitement" going on today, I guess.

No one wants to talk shaving. :whacky011

I'd chime in on the actual topic, but I don't use Swedish Gillettes.

3. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I've found the blades to be OK. I like the Gillette 7 0'clock yellows (havent tried the greens), Astra Superiors, Irridium Supers. They are the few blades that dont tug on my beard and leave me smooth and burn free.

4. apswartz

apswartz New Member

I like all of the Gillettes.

5. Will

Will Nevermind

the SG's are a fantastic blade.

I guess Sharps or Treet Blue (black) would be my number 2.

6. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

polsilvers. the few i have left :(

7. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I am 99% on red personnas but really havent found a true backup. Dorco 301's are currently back up only b/c I havent found better? Hopefully soon:)

8. alabamalawyer

alabamalawyer Member

I don't really have a true backup to my Swedish G's as they are by far my favorite blades. However, I do have one pack of Derby's stuck away somewhere in the cabinet.

9. cvac

cvac Member

Can someone compare the Gillette 7 O'clock "sharp edge" in the yellow pack and the old Wilkinson Sword UK made blades to Swedes?

I tried the green 7 O'Clock "super stainless" from Russia once and didn't like them that much.

10. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

The yellow packs are sharp and smooth. I'd say sharper and smoother than the sweedish gillettes. I get 3 good shaves out of one and toss them. I'm on shave 4 with a sweedish G and theyre okay. Pretty uneventful. I didnt like the wilkinsons. They pulled and tugged like hell but some how managed to give me a smooth shave without irritation in the end. They were just uncomfortable to use but the results were ok. I'd say yellow packs are going to be my new go to blade and I'll have to buy a lot of them.