Swedish guy here..

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Der Koenig, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Der Koenig

Der Koenig Member

Hi everybody!
    A middleaged Swede that have been practicing DE-shaving for a couple of months here.. I struggle with a 34c, Rockwell 6c and a Futur-clone. The struggle is still spots on the neck. I believe I also had them when I was shaving electric..

All for now, just glad to be here..

2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hi from Seoul, nice to meet you.

Spyder likes this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Spyder likes this.
  4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome to The Shave Den!

Spyder likes this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Welcome to the show!

Spyder likes this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs046: @Der Koenig from western NY. glad you decided to join us at TSD. What blade and soap do you use?

Spyder and RyX like this.
  7. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

Spyder likes this.
  8. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Howdy!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Spyder likes this.
  9. Der Koenig

Der Koenig Member

Wow thanks and tack mannen.. I use Gillette platinum and Astra sp for now. Trying to minimize stuff and figure out how to shave. Creams so far are TOBS, Nivea, Palmolive, BodyShop. AS are Nivea Senitive balm, Witch hazel with Aloa Vera.

Spyder, RyX, Zykris and 1 other person like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    High their, @Der Koenig , from North Cackalacky. The neck is difficult for most. You must learn the pattern of hair growth to conquer it.
    zwelcome1a.jpg

Spyder and sdguero like this.
  11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Welcome from Alabama! My mother's family is from Sweden. Immigrated to the US in the 1880s. Still have some distant family that live in Stockholm. We traveled there about 15 years to visit them. Also went to Gotland where my ancestors actually lived. Beautiful place. I'd love to go back.

12. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!!

Spyder likes this.
  13. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Welcome @Der Koenig ! You have some good razors. I always have trouble with shaving the neck too so don’t feel alone. You’ve come to the right place to learn.

Spyder likes this.
  14. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Spyder likes this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome @Der Koenig! There's a procedure used by many or all straight razor shavers that might help. Stretch you skin taunt using you off hand, or "make shaving faces" by lifting you chin or holding you head back. By flattening the skin it gives the razor a better surface to reduce your beard. Sometime the hairs grow in odd directions which makes it difficult to know which direction to shave on the neck.
    Join with us in The Shave School section, a group called The 30 Day Rule / Focus Discussion. It's a bunch of New Shavers learning vintage razors, and Vintage Shavers trying new stuff. Everyone there has issues to conquer so we share tips and tricks, along with fun chatter and shenanigans.
    Since you are new to TSD, you might also sign up for a chance to win some internet spending credits in The Newbie Giveaway. Read the rule to be sure you qualify.

Spyder likes this.
  16. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Welcome from West Michigan! As a Swede, you owe it to yourself to snatch one of the straight razors from Eskiltuna. They’re absolutely awesome!

17. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hi! Welcome to the Den!

19. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Hello and welcome to TSD!

20. Der Koenig

Der Koenig Member

What a fantastic welcome. Almost hard to type with tears on my Samsung. Yeah the pattern I have almost nailed. The 30 day thing I will check out. Too many changes sometimes. Preshave, oil, alum, witch h, brushing dots, shaving every 2 days, aggression, only wtg etc. Different combination every time lol.

RyX likes this.