Synthetic Brush History Articles on Sharpologist

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by GDCarrington, Oct 11, 2012.

1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

2. Falcon43

Falcon43 Active Member

Very interesting read. Thank you.

3. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Fantastic historical as well as informational articles. Actually brings many things shaving related into perspective. :signs001: for all you effort bringing them to our attention. :)

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Article #6 has been released.

5. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I checked out #6. It was a good read, keep it up.

6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

7. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Your articles are making for an interesting read. I'm astounded that the synthetic shaving brush dates back to the forties. Lol I like the name they gave that early snth hybrid..Badgerlon...

GDCarrington likes this.
  8. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

WOW, some seriously good work there mate - well done!

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Now that I am all caught up on your articles I have a few questions but I will wait until the end of the series to see if they are answered in the future.

Great to see your back up and running Gary I hope the healing is going smoothly, May the goddess grant you her blessings my friend.

10. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Question : "if you check very carefully, you can find `natural bristle’ brushes, which are plant-derived"
    Plant-derived? For a shaving brush? Familiar with them for brooms but haven't heard of its use for shaving?

11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I never found anything substantial on the plant bristle brush for shaving. The article referenced was an older article to find early usages for the second generation nylon fiber shaving brushes. That would be an interesting area of study, but I had to remained focused more on the synthetic fiber references of the early second generation nylon fibers which that article referred to. I did find these however...

http://www.naturalhomemerchandise.com/veggie_brush_3733.aspx

http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?Prod_ID=RP091107

Now whether these materials could be "flagged" to become soft enough yet durable enough to use in shaving I don't know.

12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

The last article in this series is scheduled to be released tomorrow 11/12/2012.

13. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

The final article has been released. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read the series.

awake2shave likes this.
  14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

15. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Lol.. the latest generation of synthetic boar..:eek:
    tn_PET3PG.JPG

GDCarrington likes this.
  16. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave