T&H Old English BarberShop in Chicago " who wants to scout ? "

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by SSLSTudio..., Mar 11, 2008.

1. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Joe is in Chicago..but on Sabaticle

3. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

4. SSLSTudio...

Quite a Big price now im really REALLY curious how good they are with such prices how can you surfive as a company ?

What kind of people are visiting this place ?
    How busy are they on a daily /weekly basis?

Id def. be curious enough to even Donate money for 1 person to go check it out.

If we all donate a little sum of money like $2-5$ a member one guy could do a full investigation. would take 10-15 members to donate
    I would vote for Joe to do it, he can bring his awesome camera and do all the reporting with photos.

5. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

It's in chicago. There are whole public streets (Oak) where the cheapest car parked is a late model jaguar. There's a bunch of celebrity-owned clubs. The shop is right downtown, too. there's plenty of monney there...

6. mantic

mantic U TOOB

I was there about three years ago. Nice place, some decent products (not just T&H), but the shave I got was ghastly. :mad:

--Mark

7. SSLSTudio...

Now were talking ! thx Mark.
    btw I loved your video about ingrown hair where you used your arm to demostrate how much to stretch the skin.

8. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

The Wall Street Journal reviewed it (along with a few other shops in various cities) on Jan 3 of this year. I don't have the entire article, but here's a snippet:

"Wielding straight razor and comb, our barber gave us a splendid haircut. The hot lather shave -- once against the grain, once with -- even 24 hours later, was the closest and smoothest we've ever had. A manicurist quietly buffed our nails and massaged our hands while we luxuriated beneath a succession of eight hot towels."