T&S Merry

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by mvd, Dec 22, 2020.

1. mvd

mvd Well-Known Member

After much delay, T&S Merry arrived with a side of Boreal.

These join Classic Two and West Indies in my collection.

As with other T&S soaps, the performance of Merry does not disappoint. I find their soaps simply excellent. Easy to lather, slick, and great cushion. For me, I find them on par with or better than B&M and Saponificio Varesino.

The scent is ok, though not my favorite. While I find they tend to open up and become more nuanced with use, so far the vanilla is quite heavy followed by chocolate. There is a sweet note that takes me back to 1990s English Leather...maybe the orange/citrus? A warm holiday scent.

In general, I don't find T&S scents to blow me away, but I also don't find them to warrant the level of criticism they seem to receive. Frankly, they are no better and no worse that others I have tried: B&M, TOBS, Stirling, etc....with some I like, some I don't, and most of which are just fine.

Between B&M, Stirling and Saponifio Varesino, I find myself reaching for T&S most often.

Opening the jar, the amount is a bit visually disappointing. I'm sure it is a standard weight, but not seeing a full container is a surprise.

I go through these soaps at a quicker rate and they seem closer to a croap, but I like them.

I'm glad to have purchased Merry and have a small T&S collection to turn to over the holidays. For all those Canucks out there, it also feels good to buy Canadian during the pandemic to support this vendor.

Happy Holidays![​IMG]

2. brit

brit in a box

awesome.i have and like the boreal set and the merchandise 7 set.great products..:):eatdrink047:

Ijustmissedthe50s and mvd like this.
  3. CastleShave

CastleShave Well-Known Member

I used to love T+S myself I had about 7 or 8 and would chase the drops at one point. Performance is definitely awesome. However, the lack of availability through other vendors, the continuous inflation in prices and the reduction from 4oz to 3oz lost me as a customer. I don’t dislike them, I just personally no longer find value in the product. However, I will certainly replace boreal and Sicily when the time comes. I had T+S merry, I passed that on after 2 uses. Great scent but just like you, it didn’t wow me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mvd likes this.