Tabac Cologne .49

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by aqualung, May 18, 2016.

1. aqualung

aqualung Active Member

Mine was just cancelled. That sucks!! They even charged my card. I better see a refund, even if it's only $.50. No mention in the email regarding a refund.

White731 and Robyflexx like this.
  2. aqualung

aqualung Active Member

Can you imagine if they issue store credit to all those orders cancelled knowing no one will ever use a .50 credit. I never would.

Metro likes this.
  3. White731

White731 Well-Known Member

4. MetalHead88

MetalHead88 Well-Known Member

Well
    Well that's lame.... Why give people money for joining their "loyalty program" if you can't use it?

White731 likes this.
  5. MetalHead88

I assume mine will be canceled as well.... no email yet.

White731 likes this.
  6. White731

I just checked my account and it said 0 points. Dunno if the points will be refunded, but they should be.

Robyflexx likes this.
  7. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

8. MetalHead88

Agreed. That crossed my mind as well. Maybe I'll make another account with a different email. I'd use that 12 bucks off at some point probably

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

9. MetalHead88

And there's my cancellation notice lol.

White731 likes this.
  10. aqualung

aqualung Active Member

let's see if we get the credit back of $12. There were a few other deals on there I would not mind taking advantage of.

11. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

They removed Tabac from the website so they either ran out of stock or pulled it until the sale is over so they don't lose money on the transaction. My guess is the latter.

12. White731

I quoted an email a few posts up that they said they had an "inventory discrepancy " and ran out. But, I am like you and think they had 100's of .50 cent orders and said no way.

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. MetalHead88

On the slick deals site a lot of people are saying that they honored it. Some people got different products for similar prices as well.

Robyflexx and White731 like this.
  14. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Robyflexx likes this.
  15. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I am not sure about US laws, but an order is a binding contract here. So if you paid, they are obliged to deliver (or agree with you on an alternative).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

16. MetalHead88

I've had plenty of online orders cancel on me before. The only way around it is if they say it's out of stock.... If they don't have any they literally are incapable of fulfilling the order.

17. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

That's not a way around it; restocking is regular business practice.

However, I am talking about Dutch consumer protection laws, which obviously don't apply to this case. So my point is moot, of course ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

18. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    They had thousands of .49¢ orders that were shipped. There was another code that could be added that took the price down to .01¢ + free shipping. That was when they pulled the plug.

My order hasn't shipped yet, but it hasn't been cancelled either. We'll see what happens on Monday.

19. RyX

RyX DoH!

This feels like the "waiting for my Rocnel SE" thread.
    I hope everyone get issues resolved.

Robyflexx likes this.
  20. opsimath

opsimath Well-Known Member

Too bad, for many reasons. I love Tabac and often use this cologne as a splash-on aftershave.

So -- I'm sorry you guys were disappointed, and I sure hope the financial aspect gets resolved, plus I'm sorry I missed out on a stunning price for a favorite product.

Check out Proraso at Walmart.com for a good deal and free shipping -- a consolation prize, maybe?