Tabac puck vs shave stick scent

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by MR41, Nov 7, 2019.

1. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed a significant difference in the strength and nature of the scent from a puck of Tabac VS a shave stick?

I stopped using the pucks because the scent was just too strong and sharp. I recently bought a shave stick because it was a steal and the quality of the soap is second to none. The stick is a much milder scent and not as sharp. It’s very pleasant. Anyone else have that experience??

RyX likes this.
  2. I used to work at a shave shop that sold Tabac and I would shave with it but it always reminded me of the smell of urinal puck. I will say the puck is excellent! :)

MrDaniel's, RyX and MR41 like this.
  3. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

I found my tabac stick pretty strong out of the package (like, smell it from the next room strong) but once opened it mellows out pretty fast. Maybe the difference is more air exposure than the tub

MR41 and RyX like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

I enjoy the scent from the puck / glass dish. Bought the aftershave to keep it going! Reminds me of "my grandmother's purse" for the sweet floral scent. My grandmother carried Certs breath mints in hers.

Yesterdays Tabac Thursday shave. :cool:
    SOTD  11072019.gif

MR41, AGHisBBS and MrDaniel's like this.
  5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Tabac puck and matching A/S is one of very few products that I have bought replacements of when they have been used up.

I have not tried the Tabac stick.