Tabula Rasa 1st Shave

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by lamontqsanford, Dec 30, 2008.

1. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

I shaved with my newly acquired Tabula Rasa this morning. I was quite impressed with it. I got the unscented version so the only thing that was lacking was scent. I whipped some lather up last night for practice and I must say that it was some of the slickest lather I have had to date. This morning I didn't get the lather just right and it wasn't as slick but the shave did not suffer. The razor glided over my face and left my skin super soft. I need to give it a week or 2 of constant use to let the new wear off but this could replace my beloved TOBS. Anyone else used this and what are you thoughts?

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

If you whip up lather just to practice and try a new soap.. you might be a TSD neck. :D

You going to try the lime scent for that?

Fuzzy

3. lamontqsanford

I haven't decided on scent yet. Maybe lime, maybe something else. I am going to shave with it for the next 2 weeks and make sure the idea of something new wears off and the evaluate the cream. I ordered 2 tubs so if it ends up being as good as my first shave I will be supplying samples;)

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Good to hear... now go get you a GEM...:D

Fuzzy

5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Sure, I have quite a few different versions of this cream (2 full sized ones and several samples). It's a great cream :eatdrink047

6. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

I haven't tried it but I found a german site yesterday that offers a couple different scented creams. I almost bought two like you, but I got one of these and one tub of Santa Maria Novella, which some say is great, and others say is overpriced Proraso. I say BurnWood:D

7. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I have tried to Lavender-patchouli version with very good results. Odd to see a brown SC though. Really tell that there was alot of love involved with creating it though.

8. lamontqsanford

Last night I made some lather for practice and it was darn good. This morning I must have rushed it and it wasn't as good but it still shaved pretty darn good. The real bonus is how my face feels. I don't think I would have needed to put any a/s on.

9. xChris

xChris Member

I like their shave cream too, and agree with feeling like no needing aftershave. I have a tub of the unscented and one of the Dark Lavendar (lavendar-patchouli).

@ Klaus
    Did they ever offer the "fruits & roots" (tangerine-vetiver) scent in tubs on their website, or is yours a sample?

10. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I think it was available for some time, Chris, but it seems as if it's discontinued. The version I have is the very first one that never got on sale.

11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Guys, forgive me to interrupt, but that is the scented one I had for a sample. What a lather, and delicious scent, but it caused my skin to cry from pain. Or else, I would keep on with it.

12. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I never could get it to work right for me as a straight up shave cream, so it's relegated to being used as a pre-shave in the shower.

As a pre-shave beard softener, it works quite well.

13. xChris

xChris Member

Yeah, when I went shopping for it, it was already dropped. The reply I got from 1000 & 1 Seife was that the tangerine (citrus) was causing too many irritation problems, and that's what led to the "Dark Lavendar" scent -- recommended by their aroma therapy research. Man, I really wanted to give it a try though! :(

14. kicker245

kicker245 New Member

I love Tabula Rasa, its easily one of my favorite creams. The lather is sort of finnicky but whenever I TR I always get wonderful shaves---the blade just cuts through my beard like butter. Not to mention its an all natural product so its good for my face!:D