Tabula Rasa Aftershave Gel

Discussion in 'Aftershave Reviews' started by moviemaniac, Dec 26, 2009.

1. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I've had the pleasure to receive a bottle of this aftershave from the creator, Erik Kormann, himself. For those of you who don't know him: He's the proprietor of "1000 und Eine Seife" (1000 and one soap) from Berlin, famous for his bath soaps and the Tabula Rasa soft shaving soap.

Now Erik has created a new product: An aftershave gel. It comes in a 50ml glass container with a pump dispenser. Despite the small amount of product it should last a long time (up to a year) because a little of it goes a long way.

The first thing you notice about it is the scent "cool & blue", a fresh, slightly oceanic, spicy, sensual one. As an aftershave it works really well, it's easily absorbed into the skin, the menthol cools, the allantoin soothes. Having extremely sensitive skin I do have to say it doesn't moisturize enough for me - in the wintertime especially I need balms with lots of fat. However for the summertime and for those with "normal" to fat skin it is a great product.

Tha AS-gel will also be available in an unscented version sans menthol.

For the price: A bottle is 19,95€ and can be bought at Erik's store http://www.1001seife.de/1000und1Seife/Seifenwerkstatt/Seifensieder/Wellness/shop/index.html

Ingredients: ALCOHOL, AQUA, TRITICUM VULGARE GERM EXTRACT, SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISAE EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE, SCUTELLARIA ALPINA FLOWER /LEAF / STEM EXTRACT, Carbopol 940 , SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ALLANTOIN.

Review discussion located here: http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?p=299862#post299862

2. Aroma

Aroma New Member

Ingredients

For more informations.

AS-Gel Tabula Rasa cool & blue (with menthol)
    INGREDIENTS:
    ALCOHOL, AQUA, TRITICUM VULGARE GERM EXTRACT, SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISAE EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE, SCUTELLARIA ALPINA FLOWER /LEAF / STEM EXTRACT, Carbopol 940 , SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PARFUM, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, MENTHOL, ALLANTOIN, GLYCERIN, CI 77891, CI 74260.

AS-Gel Tabula Rasa (without color/ fragrance and menthol)
    INGREDIENTS:
    ALCOHOL, AQUA, TRITICUM VULGARE GERM EXTRACT, SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISAE EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE, SCUTELLARIA ALPINA FLOWER /LEAF / STEM EXTRACT, Carbopol 940 , SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ALLANTOIN.

1. TRITICUM VULGARE GERM EXTRACT, SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISAE EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE = IRICALMIN (the old title is EASHAVE) from Pentapharm/ Swizerland IRICALMIN

2. SCUTELLARIA ALPINA FLOWER /LEAF / STEM EXTRACT is from Pentapharm too. It is for Beta-endorphin stimulating: "happiness inducing", lipid replenishing, anti-inflammatroy, soothing, anti-oxidant, radical scavenging

Thanks moviemaniac & kind regards from berlin
    erik