Taking a break from caffeine

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by gorgo2, Apr 13, 2019.

1. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Due to my heart condition, I have to limit myself to 1-2 cups per day.
    I'd love to drink more, but cardiologist said no way!
    I have a strict rule however, no caffeine after 1 pm.
    I still get that morning pick me up (especially with Cafe Bustello) but can still sleep better when I don't have any in the afternoon.

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Daughter knows me well. My Father's Day gift from her.
    Father's Day from Sarah.gif
    It hangs on the coffee mug tree near the top so it gets in the rotation often.
    Coffee mug tree.gif Not the original purpose - I drilled holes in a piece of 4X4 and inserted 3/8" dowel rods for a drying rack for when I sterilize empty wine bottle. Haven't brewed any wine in a while, but I do enjoy my half pot of coffee most every day.

gorgo2, Enrico, brit and 2 others like this.
  3. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

I've been limiting caffeine to weekends for the past month now and it's going well. I believe that even a cup of coffee in the morning has a negative impact on the quality of sleep you get that night. Wasn't too hard to phase out of it as I'm also fasting (typ 1 meal per day) so I just keep everything but water out of sight. I also supplement potassium and sodium while fasting, prevents cramps and headaches.

My cuppa joe on a sunday morning reading the news tastes better now too

gorgo2 likes this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm not a huge coffee drinker, I did ask my cardiologist if I could partake in a cup from time to time, she said yes.
    Yesterday I had one of those cold slushy coffees with chocolate and whipped cream from McDonald's, goodness I was bouncing off the walls, 3hrs later I was crashed out.