Tapatalk 2

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by sparky5693, Apr 12, 2012.

1. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Tapatalk 2 was just released. Im really impressed for the couple minutes I've been playing with it.

Its a free upgrade if you purchased tapatalk 1, so id highly recommend upgrading.

Smoothy and Zilla like this.
  2. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

Very nice just upgraded as well. Very cool

3. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

I was gonna mention the new Tapatalk this morning, but never got a chance....me likey mucho! Especially that PM is back! :happy108:

Zilla likes this.
  4. sparky5693

Administrator
    Very happy to see that return.

5. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I'm impressed with it!

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Now, if I only didn't have to purchase it again to put it on my Fire. Things purchased at Amazon appstore can be downloaded onto multiple devices. I have not had any success moving an app from the phone to a device on things I purchased at the Google appstore

7. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Indeed. I can't remember where I purchased mine...i'm pretty sure from Google, I don't remember it being available at Amazon when I got it

8. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

yeah... Or were we using tapatalk before there was an Amazon Appstore?

9. bittermormon

bittermormon Active Member

If you have an android phone download an app called ES File Expxlorer, then go to App Manager and make a backup of the apps you want to put on your fire. Using a service like Box, upload the apk from your phone to Box and then download to your Fire and install it.

It sounds more complicated than it really is to do. Holler if you have any questions.

or you could just root your fire and install the Modaco ROM and have the google store on your Fire.

10. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

ahhhh... I will give ES File Expxlorer a check...

google plau has not been happy with my other rooted devices, so I doubt I would have any more success on the fire, as it still wont have a mobile phone number which for some reason all my rooted devices cry for when I try to put a google purhased app on them.

of course it could also be that my rooted devices are cheapo tablets

11. bittermormon

bittermormon Active Member

it worked fine for me. Unfortunately my screen is bad and my fire was a clearance so it's return only..no exchange :-(

12. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Not meaning to go OT, but is tapatalk our only android option for TSD? I'd really like to find a free app is possible. Google has enough of my info without having to set up a google cart (or whatever they call it) to purchase an app.

13. sparky5693

Administrator
    Convo is the free version of tapatalk, but I believe it to be based on tapatalk one, and its ad supported. If you have an amazon account, you can buy apps there as well.

There's always the native browser as well.

14. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Thanks! I responded more fully in the android thread cross post.

15. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

It took a while on the touchy phone to get the apps backed up. Phone was tethered to PC and the files are moving to the cloud to download to the fire. So far so good. Installing on fire..

excellent.. But I suppose I won't be able to get updates directly. But it is a small price to pay.

16. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

What phone have you got? Play was a bit touchy with me for a while...force closing all the time, but then it got itself figured out an works great.

And yes, I love the look of the new tapatalk and am very happy that I can now "Like" and "PM" members on the TSD.

17. Richmondesi

Richmondesi Active Member

I like it too. Very nice improvement over the original...