Tapatalk thumbnails?

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by mvd, Feb 11, 2019.

1. mvd

mvd Well-Known Member

Hello,

I can post photos from my phone to the forum using tapatalk but they are full size. Can tapatalk post thumbnails like I can do on the full forum site?

Thanks,
    Mark

RyX likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Good question! I'll experiment in the POST TESTING forum and send the same photo from my phone, then from the computer. Tapatalk resizes automatically. From a computer you have to upload at less than 1MB.

Unless I misunderstand your question. Do you want to post a thumbnail rather than a full screen picture, and from Tapatalk?

3. mvd

mvd Well-Known Member

@RyX yes, thank you, I want to post a thumbnail from tapatalk

4. RyX

RyX DoH!

I tried, wasn't able to make Tapatalk post a thumbnail.

TapaTalk reduced my original image from 3264 X 2448 as the phone camera saved it to 816 X 612. When I emailed the JPEG photo to myself and saved it as a JPEG on the laptop it kept the original size but dropped from 1.97MB file to 871KB.

That doesn't fix what you are trying to do... Maybe one of these young guys knows the tricks.

mvd likes this.
  5. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

Just resize the photo ?, Lots of free apps do this both on android and ios systems.

Robert.

RyX likes this.
  6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Can I ask why you want to convert to thumbnails. I use Tapatalk exclusively and am not sure what you are looking to do. If I understand, I will try to help.

RyX likes this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Member @mvd was trying to get thumbnails to work into a post. There are times when posting lots of text where a small picture (that can be popped open by choice) works well.

Tapatalk via LG

brit and Robert1955 like this.
  8. mvd

mvd Well-Known Member

Yes, sometimes I dislike posting larger photos from my phone. Sounds like my best bet is to just resize them.

brit, RyX and mrchick like this.