Taylor of Old Bond Street Platinum, No. 50 and Piccadilly Shaving Co.

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Grick, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Grick

Grick Active Member

johnnyflake likes this.
  2. Dr Watson

Dr Watson Member

Yes, Piccadilly Shaving Co. Sandalwood was my first ever shaving cream back in January 2016. It had no affiliation with TOBS back then other than the fact it smelt very similar to their sandalwood products (although I preferred the Piccadilly as it was decidedly stronger!) Great cream overall, strong scent and slick performance... No idea what its now doing on the TOBS website, perhaps they've bought them out?

I also was fortunate enough to try No.50 on a recent sample pass around / PIF on another forum. It has a really boring scent (orange blossom mixed with a synthetic aquatic note) like a generic face cream, I found performance to be below par, worse than other TOBS creams in fact with a particularly bad (drying) post shave.

brit and Grick like this.
  3. Grick

Grick Active Member

Thanks for the input. Yea, I too assume that they bought out the Piccadilly company.
    I just bought the black tub of Jermy Street Collection for sensitive skin. Contains aloe vera, cocoa butter and allantoin. Let's see how it performs come Sunday.

johnnyflake likes this.
  4. Gobucks

Gobucks Member

My dauther went to England last spring and bought me a tun of the TOBS # 50. I love the scent and great soap. Such a cool gift she bought me.

5. Grick

Grick Active Member

A new addition: Royal Forest.

https://www.tayloroldbondst.co.uk/royal-forest-shaving-cream-bowl-150g-c2x27613964

Top Notes: Bergamot, Apple, Blackcurrant, Berries and Pineapple.

Middle Notes: Jasmine, Rose, Birch, Patchouli, Black Pepper.

Base Notes: Oakmoss, Ambergris, Musk, Vanilla

Ingredients: Aqua (water), Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Fatty Acid, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol Ethylhexylglycerin.(Parfum Contains: Linalool, Limonene)

Frijolero, brit and johnnyflake like this.
  6. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

That's one I'll be looking for!

brit likes this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

i like the sounds of royal forest..

BigMark83 likes this.
  8. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I just like the name.

brit likes this.