Technique Question

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Single Wedge, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

When shaving with an injector is there a certain technique that you use. I find that after using it for several days that a "blade buffing" East West pass tends to finish the job. However, I have a weak hand problem in that I shave left handed and the right side of the jaw line always seems to be rough or have ingrowns that are cut out.

Thoughts?

2. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Crossover shaving problems is common. A lot of right handed shavers have problems with the left side. Razor angle is usually the culprit and hair growth patterns can be different on each side of the neck. I like to stretch the skin slightly open up the angle a little and go even lighter on the "off" side when I think the shave is having problems on that side.

3. J T

J T Member

Wedge

Why not learn to shave with your off-hand.

4. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

This weekend was spent experimenting with that. It feels odd, but I am willing to give it a go.

5. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I am right-handed, and I will alternate hands when shaving the right side of my neck depending on which way feels most comfortable to me that day -- but, truthfully, there is a degree of awkwardness either way.