Ted Pella SE Group Purchase

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by JayKay, Feb 5, 2009.

1. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Me and another member are planning on buying 200 of the Ted Pella PTFE coated SE blades. They are essentially the Gem blades. They go for $35/200. So far there are 2 of us purchasing. I'm thinking 2 more would be pretty great and split it up for 50 a person. They go for $3.50 a pack of 5 online so spending about $10 for 50 is a pretty sweet deal. Who wants to be the other two???

2. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

I just got a beautiful Gem Micromatic that needs some blades, so count me in!:D

3. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

That is a great offer Jay! I coordinated a split once and it worked out very well. These blades are really nice in case anyone was hesitant about getting some.

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I would be cool with that. I have given too many away, now I am running low.

5. JayKay

I've never shipped international before Gisle but I guess I could give it a try. As for shipping, I guess I'll pick up a few padded envelopes. I'll ship them for whatever it costs me. I just placed the order. We have our four people. So together and shipped they are about $40. Plus a few dollars to get a padded envelope and mail them out to everybody.

$13 sound fair?

6. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

Well, it'll cost a buck or two more and you need to put a green sticker on the envelope - other than that, it's just like shipping to the US :D
    Was the $13 directed at me?
    Do you Paypal?

7. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

they are gem blades. they say gem on them. and on the box.

8. JayKay

The 13 is a general guestimate for CONUS. I'm assuming it'll be a dollar or two more for intl. shipping. Im waiting for Pella to send me an invoice with the final amount and what they're charging me for fedex shipping so I know the final order amount.

Whats the cheapest place to buy a few padded envelopes?

9. Truckman

Truckman New Member

The smaller sized ones, which should work for you, are $1.09 at the Post Office. Otherwise check Staples/Office Max/Office Depot. I think even like a Walgreens/CVS/Rite Aid would carry them, but I'm not 100% on that.

10. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Jay a heads up, someone will need to be available to sign for the delivery.

11. JayKay

Thanks for the heads up chris. I marked the box saying no body would be around to sign for it. Ill go to staples and grab some envelopes soon. Just waiting in that invoice.

12. brothers

brothers Active Member

Not that this information has any relevance to this discussion, but for future reference I learned yesterday that the 4 x 8 bubble mailers that cost .99 at Walgreens are dirt and I mean dirt cheap on ebay. I am using them to send out my samples of Irisch Moos shaving cream. If I sell many more, I might have to order some of those bubble mailers.

13. JayKay

Hmm. Good to know, thanks. I'll only need few so it would be cheaper to just get at walgreens I think.

UPDATE!!

The blades have shipped on the 11th. The unit price for blades is $34.85. They are OUT OF THEIR MINDS! Shipping on those blades was 11.02. The final total was $45.87. Divide that up by 4, add in $1 for mailer envelope, and whatever shipping costs and that will be the final cost for 50 blades.

14. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Not terribly surprised. Lots of places charge outrageous shipping. I'm kinda used to it by now. Kinda.

15. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

As I recall... others have checked that box and it means nothing. They simply would not deliver blades without an adult taking immediate possession. Policy about leaving blades where kids could get them. However, things could have changed since then.

16. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Yeah. I discovered just how bad shipping can run during that TBS cream mailing I did. S/H was twice as much as I paid for the darn tubs.

Anyway you guys are at roughly .25 cents per blade which is high compared to some other DE blades but still pretty darn good if you get three or more shaves per blade. Still seems like a pretty good deal to me.

17. JayKay

I've gotten more than 7 shaves out of each blade. Was moving between locations and had to toss them before getting more. I still think its a good deal. They did call me to tell me a signature is required. Shipping sucks but the actual blade shipping to each person should be cheap. Hope everybodies still down.

18. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

I'm still in, if the others are not interested, we may just split it, and that works for me as well, just PM me and we can work out the details. :D

19. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

If you end up needing a 4th, let me know.

20. JayKay

Sounds good. I'll let everybody know when I get the blades. I'm dealing with a big **** head trying to get an espresso machine. Argh.