Tell Me About Clubman Shave Cream.

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by ironthinker, Mar 30, 2016.

1. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

When I don't face lather, I use Barbasol. I'd love to hear reasons how Clubman Shave Cream beats Barbasol.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

1. Clubman spreads better.
    2. Clubman has the classic Clubman scent(well, of course, but, after all....)

3. I preface this post. I have strayed from the norm and focused on canned creams and gels over the past 3-4 years; after using and collecting tubs and tube soaps and creams. I use my same prep as I would for tube or tub and a brush to apply. I'm not a in a rush "spray, pray, grip and rip" can shaver; its takes about the same amount of time for me as a cream or soap.

Clubman vs Barbasol- Both smell Awesome! For me Clubman offers better protection, glide and closer shave. Additionally, Clubman foam also softens my whiskers better than Barbasol and leaves my face softer.

Noxzema Regular in the white can is my favorite and I have used it with a brush for 30 years.

whiteboy_cannon and Paul Turner like this.
  4. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip on Noxzema Regular. I use a can when I am in a hurry.

whiteboy_cannon likes this.
  5. opsimath

opsimath Well-Known Member

I keep a can of shaving foam on hand for visitors mostly, but I use canned stuff occasionally. I like the Proraso canned shaving cream, and the Bigelow is pretty good too. I haven't tried the Clubman, but I love their aftershaves.

I don't really dislike anything about canned foam, but it loses in competition with "soap & brush" lather every time IMO!

Paul Turner likes this.