Test Gear

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Baron, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Baron

Baron New Member

On the heals of the go-to gear thread... I was thinking "what about test gear?"

For me, I have a specific setup that I use when I'm testing various things. Like right now I'm comparing feather vs sharp vs IP. So in order to truly see how the blade itself performs I have the following

Arbonne Shave Gel: this is an non-lathering gel/cream that allows me to ensure that I didn't make a better lather one day, and a crappy lather the next... basically it's an awesome shave cream that allows me to be incredibly consistent.

Chrome/Gold Slant: I have one of each that I use throughout the week. I'll load them both up on Sunday and alternate through the week

Follow it up with a shower/Arbonne toner/Arbonne moisturizer.

It's a pretty basic setup I know, but it gives me a perfect setup to see purely how the blade is performing without any other outside factors.

Anyone else do something similar?

2. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Same as the go to since that sets the standard.

3. Baron

Baron New Member

Huh... I guess I'm the only one that doesn't use the "goto" as the "test" stuff...

4. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

It makes sense. Sorta like "home base" where the variables would all be the same except the one thing you want to try. I think if I was gonna do anything like that, I would go back to one of the first set-ups I used:

Merkur classic long handle
    T&H brush
    T&H Ultimate Comfort cream or Col. Conk Bay Rum soap
    T&H Ulimate Comfort AS balm