Test tube rack for razors

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by MoAllen, Apr 6, 2022.

1. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

I just got this 12 spot test tube rack for displaying DE razors. My old rack was just 6 spots. Of course, even this one isn't big enough...

20220406_072210~2_copy_1280x501.jpg

2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Very nice

brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  3. Gilletto

Gilletto New Member

Great idea! Thank you for sharing. New member and collector here. Was looking at a 15 slot square stainless steel rack on Amazon, but don't know if that's ok with the "metal on metal". This one looks great!

brit, Ijustmissedthe50s and MoAllen like this.
  4. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

I like the idea of the wooden rack not scratching the razors. I am careful not to get water on the wooden rack. The finish on my old smaller rack was damaged by getting wet. So now I set a wet razor on its side on the counter to dry for a few hours before putting it back in the rack.

brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I have a small 4-hole metal toothbrush holder I use for razors. Haven't had any "metal on metal" issues over the past 10+ years.
    When finished with my shave, I remove the blade, hand strop* it (effectively drying it) and put in the razor on deck. The razor I just used gets wiped dry and hung on the rack, never put away wet.

*does it do anything for the edge? I figure can't hurt, might help.

brit, Ijustmissedthe50s and MoAllen like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

i have the 6 hole version of your test tube rack.amazon/ebay purchase some years back.works very well with no razor damage.:):eatdrink047:

Ijustmissedthe50s and MoAllen like this.