Tet-a-tet A/S Splash

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by moz68, Jan 3, 2012.

1. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

Asd likes this.
  2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I absolutely love TaT shaving cream and TaT aftershave balm. Both of them = fantastic smell and shave!

I have yet to try the TaT aftershave or TaT cologne. Don't really care to try the aftershave since I don't like liquid/splash type aftershaves but I really want to try the TaT cologne. The only place I've been able to find the cologne in the USA is from a seller on eBay who at first listed it as aftershave but when I specifically told them that wasn't what I wanted, that I wanted the cologne, they changed the listing from aftershave tocologne and told me it was in fact cologne and not aftershave. But the bottle doesn't look like the TaT cologne bottles I see everywhere else. So hopefully someone that speaks Russian, will look at this listing and tell me if it says aftershave or cologne on the actual bottle or box:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/140663842891

3. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

The Bottles look different.

4. IAmTheJody

Yup, that's what I said. :)

5. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

Funny, I am not finished with my Coffee yet Neuro senses are not at max power yet.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I used Google translate to get "cologne" in Russian, and I'd say that is cologne, Jody.

7. IAmTheJody

I tried that but couldn't tell. Your eyes are better than mine. Thank you! :)

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Well, can't say as people say that to me too often. :happy102:

I just increased the page so I could see the words on the bottle, but not too much so they weren't complete blurs.
    It's the very top word on the bottle label.

I say buy it. If it isn't the cologne, I'll buy it off you.

9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

cologne == одеколон
    eau de toilette == туалетной воды
    eau de parfum == парфюмированной воды

It looks like Jody's link is cologne. Not sure about Moz's link.

I cant read Russian.

10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Better yet, I just sent Dimitry a message as he knows Russian and stuff...

11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I speak, read and write Russian also. It is cologne.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  12. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Jesse - you sure are tempting me to purchase this for myself because I do have an appreciation for the Tet-a-Tet!

:D

13. crackstar

I wish that there was no law against alcohol-based stuff coming into Canada from outside because I would buy this stuff right away.

14. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

That is a cologne. Tet-a-tet brand has some bottle designs, this one has a gift box. There are many 'old-school' colognes that were used as aftershaves also. Tet-a-tet, Nord-Ost, Shipr, Troynoy to name a few. I remember the smell from my childhood because many men wear them.

IAmTheJody and crackstar like this.
  15. crackstar

Dmitry, the last time I was in Russia I bought the Tet-a-tet cologne. I used it up so fast that I think the bottle was finished in 3 months. I never tried the Shipr or Nord-Ost or Troynoy. The next time I go to Russia, I plan to buy them. :)

16. IAmTheJody

Well I went on and purchased a bottle from the eBay link I posted. My payment receipt from PayPal came in the email and guess who's name was on it as the seller? makeup-mall.com - the same people as the OP linked to.

And now here is yet another different look bottle I found. http://www.rus-sell.com/item3222.html

17. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

Just noticed a funny thing. You see, the same Tet-a-tet cologne was in 2 versions (as I know there was never such a thing as the separate aftershave splash, only cologne) - one for men (cologne=одеколон) and one for women (духи). So....Jesse's link shows me a second version...
    This is how the 'modern' version of the cologne bottle looks like http://www.kalina.org/brands/catalog.php?SECTION_ID=38&ELEMENT_ID=2612
    This is the link to all colognes, produced by Kalina concern http://www.kalina.org/brands/catalog.php?SECTION_ID=460

18. IAmTheJody

This is interesting. So we now have 4 different bottles of Tet-a-Tet men's cologne?

[​IMG]
    This is the bottle I have ordered from eBay and which will be delivered to me today.

These are 3 other bottle designs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    (this 1 looks like perfume below)

And this is the women's perfume?
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    (front and back of the box)

And someone on B&B listed this lot of frags for sale noting the Tet-a-Tet in the pic is aftershave:
    [​IMG]

19. IAmTheJody

Jesse,

So as Bill and Dmitry just said, the A/S splash you linked to is actually women's perfume because духи means women's perfume and that is what is on the bottle in the picture of your link.

20. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

Rats!! We'll have to wait and see what the bottle looks like. Eventhough the link and the ad on the site advertises Men's Aftershave. Geez How confusing can you get?

Thanks Everyone for your help and input. By the way I received my TaT shave cream and A/S Balm and shaved with them this weekend Very nice!

PanChango and IAmTheJody like this.