Thäter 3-Band or 2-Band?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by BigMark83, Aug 10, 2018.

1. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I'd like to know what the difference is between the two? I'd like to buy one eventually, because I didn't get one this year. I want it soft, yet with backbone because I head lather. I'm unsure on what size diameter, whether a 26 or 28. For reference sake my current favorite brush is a Semogue SOC cherry boar. It has a diameter 24 mms and a loft of 55 mms. I'm guessing the 26 mm as it also has a loft of 54 mms for the Thäter. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Keithmax likes this.
  2. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I have both and prefer the two band by a large margin. It has much better backbone, and is one of my favorites, if not my absolute favorite brush. The three band has less than average backbone and feels too soft for me. I do like soft brushes, but it almost feels “fluffy” to me. Just my opinion.

Screwtape, Keithmax and BigMark83 like this.
  3. BigMark83

It's not scritchy is it? I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible.

4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I have both and neither are scratchy. Both are excellent but if you prefer more back bone go with the 2 band. My 2 band has wonderfully soft tips.

BigMark83 and BaylorGator like this.
  5. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Not at all. Both have soft tips. I’m not a fan of scritchy either.

BigMark83 likes this.
  6. BigMark83

Thanks guys. It was between Thäter and Shavemac. Thäter is less expensive, and I don't have to wait for it to be made and shipped from Germany. Who else besides Maggard and Bullgoose sells them?