Thanksgiving shave.

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by icemanwbs, Nov 27, 2014.

1. icemanwbs

icemanwbs Well-Known Member

lathered up some Arko in tub with my omega Pro 49, added a bit of glycerine ,using Fat Boy with a Voskhod blade ( 3rd shave with blade) and felt it kinda pulling instead of cutting. So wanting to salvage my efforts, I switched out the blade for a new Derby extra. Turned out to be very nice 3 pass BBS. Topped off with regular Clubman. I guess the voskhods are only good for 2 shaves ?

2. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

My Thanksgiving shave consisted of The Body Shop Maca Root shave cream, Omega 49 brush, and a Merkur 23c with a new blue Personna blade. Nice and smooth nick free shave followed up with some Old Spice aftershave.

Boojum1, icemanwbs and GDCarrington like this.
  3. JBSharp

JBSharp Well-Known Member

I had a simple shave but it was special. Yesterday, I got a 1953 Super Speed that belonged to my wife's grandfather, who passed away 15 years ago on Thanksgiving Day. I cleaned it up last night and shaved with it this morning. Fresh out of the shower, Cremo shave cream, Personna Blue blade, cold water rinse, and Thayer's witch hazel with aloe.

My wife's grandmother found it and gave it to me. I now have vintage Gillettes from many of mine and my wife's grandfathers and great grandfathers, and each one is different. I'll post an updated picture of the set soon.

Boojum1, icemanwbs and GDCarrington like this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

No shave today :)

Boojum1 and PanChango like this.
  5. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

I almost skipped the shave today but the Razorock XXX was calling my name.

Boojum1 likes this.
  6. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

No shave for me either, I've got the chest cold, tis the season yada yada

Boojum1 likes this.
  7. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

No shave today for me either. :cool:

youngunn likes this.