Thater Shaving Brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Vlasta, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Anybody got any experience? Are they as good as they say they are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyX and Frijolero like this.
  2. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

My only experience is with The Shave Nook 5th Anniversary (2017) LE. The Thater knot in thus brush is excellent and is one of my favorite brushes. I also have LE brushes with Semogue, Shavemac, Simpson and Rudy Vey knots. All are excellent. I guess what I am trying to say is that the Thater holds its own against my other LEs. Hope this helps.

tsnthater.jpg

RyX, Frijolero and Vlasta like this.
  3. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Yes thanks - anyone else?

Frijolero likes this.
  4. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

They are a nice knot. My brush from Thater (two band bulb) came with the loft over specs. I wouldn't consider my knot as being real dense but has excellent flow through and I have no issues with it. It makes a good lather and is nice on the face. I did remove the knot from my original handle and set it up like I wanted. I had a 26mm ST fan that I did the same thing with. Came in way over specs and was relofted and that knot made an excellent brush but I PIF'd away.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    Vlasta, RyX and Frijolero like this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I always thought the thater is where you go to see them movin' pitchers.

6. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I'm happy enough with mine, but I'm really not a badger guy at heart. I used it every day for a month to make sure it's broken in. Concluded that I like it almost, but not quite, as much as a broken in boar. Which, from me, is rather high praise for a badger.

Vlasta, RyX and oscar11 like this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I had a Thäter Fan knot. 2 Band. Very soft, not dense, sold it.

Vlasta, Frijolero and oscar11 like this.