Thayers fresh mint experiment.

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Red Rider, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Decided to add ground fresh mint from herb pot in backyard to remaining Lavender Thayer's W.H. Curious to see if the mint will ad a cool minty accent to the mix.
    Also first time trying TWH peach. A strong peach smell unlike the Lavender. On fence as it's a little to floral for my preference. I'm sensitive to alcohol in face products but found the alcohol in Thayer's W.H. non stinging.
    IMG_1235.JPG
    Used a mortise and pestle to crush the mint. Gone green as seen on right. Will filter in a few days and give it a try.

RyX, Marverel and Jorvaljr like this.
  2. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

I received an almost full bottle of Thayer's Peach in a recent trade. I actually like it - the Peach scent evaporates pretty quickly anyways.

Will be interesting to follow your observations on the mint experiment.

Red Rider and Jorvaljr like this.
  3. Red Rider

I could have used fresh Lavender from the garden but that would have been to logical. :eatdrink013:. Will update in a few days.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Peach?!? Now isn't that just peachy. I only see rose or unscented where I live.

Red Rider likes this.
  5. Red Rider

Tried cucumber previously. May try lemon next but that won't be for months.
    Oddly enough I'd like to try the aftershave but don't see it here.

Noticed Thayer's has new plain labelling now. Kind of retro with less bling and colouring. I like it as it's more neutral.

https://www.thayers.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/6.jpg

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  6. Marverel

And we definitely don't want THAT here ;)

Red Rider likes this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    10% alcohol is hardly noticable.

Red Rider likes this.
  8. Red Rider

So here I am two days later after filtering. My green mix turned brown, guess I'm not much of a chemist. Ended up trialling my W.H. \ mint mix after this mornings shave.
    Although the post rub did not give a cooling effect it did calm my mild burn faster than any other W.H. version I've used. Hey maybe I'm on to some thing if I could fix the colour.
    IMG_1244.JPG

9. Marverel

Well - I wouldn't worry too much about the color ... as long as it smells better than it looks ;)

10. Red Rider

Lol, ya no worries smells minty fresh.

RyX likes this.
  11. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

I've been looking for Thayers WH at the stores around me, and I can only ever find the store brand. Since starting DE shaving, I've noticed there's not a lot of supplies available at all near me. Almost makes me want to open a store where guys actually have some good options other than AOS which is insanely overprice IMO

Red Rider and Demidog like this.