Thayers sampler pack

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Leisureguy, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

For you Thayers fans, I thought I'd point out this in case someone doesn't know about it: the sampler pack. I just recently figured out the Thayers lingo: "astringent" = 10% alcohol, "toner" = 0% alcohol.

The pack does not include their aftershave (20% alcohol).

2. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Interesting stuff, I'll have to read up and see if it is worth an order. Looks like they do ship to Canada, always a bonus :D

3. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Thayers makes a very nice product.

4. Will

Will Nevermind

I have never had the urge to splash Rose Petal Witch Hazel on my face but I will say the Thayer's WH is fantastic.

I am an Original with Aloe fan!

If you are saying to yourself that Drugstore brands cost 4 or 5 dollars less, do yourself a favor and try them both out. You will dump the CVS stuff down the drain their after.

5. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

As a bonus, those sampler sized bottles are sized for carry-on on airlines.

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I have put down a few of those bottles ::

7. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Might be worth it just for that!

My take so far - Rose is so-so...Lavender is awesome!! That's all I've tried.

8. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Im an original with aloe user. Ive wanted to try the medicated though.

9. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Let me know if you do.....

It has mostly good stuff, but I just Don't know how I'd like the clove oil smeared on my face after a shave :eek: Thats going to burn like a mutha

10. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

It has CLOVE in it?! I gotta find some of that!

11. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

It has clove?

Im definately staying away from that.

12. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Ingredients:
    Thayers Proprietary Witch Hazel, Peppermint, Camphor, Calendula, Eucalyptus, Clove, Aloe Vera, and natural grain alcohol as a preservative (20%).

Other than the clove, its awesome! Its like a great great aftershave, with cooling and healing stuff......and low alcohol content.

13. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Tha camphor killed it.

14. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Yeah, I know you're not one for the "medicinal" quality....so I made sure to get that ingredient list up there.

15. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

The Lemon is quite nice, I find. In fact, I like pretty much all of them. I have a Just Peachy shaving soap from Honeybee Sue, and when I use that, I like to use the Peach Thayers.

16. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Thanks! You saved me 8 bucks or so! (Though I probably would have read the label first).

17. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Of the Original with Aloe, the Rose and Lavender and the After Shave, I like the original and the aftershave is a must have use most of the time thing. The Rose and Lavender are nice but I'm not much into those two scents.

18. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

I love the medicated thayers, but my wife hates it. She thinks I smell like a pharmacy. I love the clove.

I also have lemon. I first bought the original, but i needed extra uumph so I added lavender and peppermint essencial oils. It is my wifes fave of the three.

19. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

I used the Medicated Superhazel this morning. I liked it. It's 20% alcohol, the same as their aftershave.

20. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

But if it has the smell of cloves...count me out :(