the adventures and misadventures of shaving in Paris

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by peacefrog, Feb 12, 2007.

1. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

Thank god for that Proraso shave foam. It's not bad. I got a good, close shave, but unfortunately my face hasn't yet fully recovered from yesterday's shaving catastrophe. I can't wait to get home and have a nice, proper, relaxing shave.

2. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Um, Bob.... where are the chocolate pics! :drool :drool :drool

3. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Thank you for the pics Bob. There is something to say about small independent shops instead of the big box stores and malls when it comes to certain things. Bakery, butcher, fish market, chocolatier, coffee, deli, pipes & cigars, shaving goods and so on. The essences of life with quality, care and service thrown in for good measure.

4. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

Here ya go!

Attached Files:

5. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

OHMYGOD.....! :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:signs154

Bob - great pics buddy! Looks like you found some neat places :happy088 You're lucky man, its cold and snowy here, and you are wandering about the streets of Paris. Thanks for sharing those pics, they're so real looking I can almost imagine being there.

Enjoy the rest of your trip...you might find some Speick in a can in Deutschland to round out your canned-goo AD :D

7. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Thanks for the virtual tour, Bob.
    Prolly the only way I'll ever get to see Paris.

8. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

It's disorder all right. I'm getting awful shaves. The combo of canned goo and Wal-Mart blades is enough to send me back to Edge gel and a Mach 3. Thankfully, tonight's was the last shave of this trip. I'll skip tomorrow night; then Friday night I'll be back at home with a brush, decent blades, and good soaps and creams

9. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm New Member

I'm having brush envy

10. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm New Member

The alum is used as an astringent.

butyrospermun parkii = Shea Butter

A pretty typical soap with palm & palm kernel oils