The Art Of Shaving...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Monty Craig, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Monty Craig

Monty Craig Member

Recently my wife and I were in Chicago, and while traipsing the Mag Mile, I saw a big Nordstroms sign advertising TAOS..... I went in, but was not really sure what I was looking at. I was looking for some Tobac in particular as I don't want to buy it then not like the smell... They didn't carry it, and amazingly, I never found it in all of the stores we went into. On the train home, I wondered what I may have missed out on buying while in TAOS store. Anyone have any recommendations?

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

The Art of Shaving (AoS) only carries AoS products, except for their razors.
    They put out a very high quality product, but, in my opinion, they are way overpriced. Come on! $26 (plus tax!) for a puck of soap? As I said, it's a very good soap, but there are plenty of other soaps out there just as good for a lot less $$$.

As for the Tabac, I've only seen it on line.

(you didn't miss a thing)

Monty Craig likes this.
  3. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

They typically have some very nice salesladies in the AOS stores though:drool:

Everything is way overpriced though. When I was younger, I probably would have bought something when I went in so they wouldn't think I was a cheapskate, now I just tell them they're overpriced and leave. It took me quite a few years to learn the only reason a pretty saleslady is showing any interest in me is because she wants to sell me something.:(

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I'm sure you cut a fine figure Erik and the pretty saleslady was Quite taken by your manly,worldly looks as well as the air of excitement and mystery surrounding your personna!!! :happy088:
    Well all that and she wanted to sell you something Overpriced!!...:)

JRod22 likes this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sure, they may have nice salespeople, but I have yet to meet an AoS salesperson that knows what they heck they're talking about. Some of the stuff I've over-heard them tell other customers makes me just want to scream, "YOU'RE AN IDIOT!"

6. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

Next time in Chicago stop at the Merz Apothecary Downtown located in the Palmer House Hilton Hotel, as they carry Tabac, as well as shaving soaps, creams, DE razors, straight razors, strops, brushes, pre shaves, after shave lotions and balms, colognes, and blades.

Monty Craig and BossManBill like this.
  7. Monty Craig

Monty Craig Member

Wish I had known! We walked right past that Hotel. >.<

8. Lothar101

Lothar101 Active Member

Anything like Merz in NC by chance?