The Best of the Best..

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by brit, Feb 23, 2021 at 4:07 PM.

1. brit

brit in a box

Hello fello Denizens..:)
    there is lot's of talk about shave soap/cream bases out there,and lot's of competition.we are really enjoying a golden era of top quality shave software these days ..what are your thoughts?.
    price/scent aside,what are your thoughts on the best soap/cream base out there at present? vintage included..
    slickness,cushion,post shave,residual slickness,longivity, clean up all count.opinions will vary..your thoughts..
    thank you all in advance..

Ijustmissedthe50s and Hembree like this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Wow...this should be interesting.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

i hope so..:)

4. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

For higher priced soaps PannaCrema Nuavia soap I've found to have the absolute best covering all bases of scent, cusion, slickness, and lather consistency. Another higher priced soap I've tried and liked, but didn't compare to Nuavia was Martin de Condre. Lather just didn't stay consistent. For middle of the road priced what I think to be fair would be anything Stirling, Pheonix, Fine, B & M, Chiseled Face. However some may disagree, but the absolute best in regards to lather consistency and price has to be Arko.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and cliffb599 like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

very cool.i have a few of your list mentioned and agree..:).thank you ..:eatdrink047:

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.