The Body Shop Cream and the Libido?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Steve, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Steve

Steve New Member

So I stopped in at The Body Shop to get a whiff of the new cream. They had brochures so I took one with me. The brochure says it's powered with Maca Root "renowned for its engery-reviving and libido enhancing properties". It goes on to say that "now that what we call skin with Staying Power".

Hmm, I detect a little innuendo there!

Steve

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    They have a new scent?

3. Steve

Steve New Member

JoAnna,

They reformulated the cream and changed the scent. I like the new scent but I was very fond of the old one too! The old one was called Woodsy Sandalwood. I don't know the name of the new one yet.

Steve

4. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

A Body Shop outlet store here in Japan was selling the old formulation (the scent of which I thoroughly enjoy) for cheaper than in the States. Probably to clear out the old stock and make room for the new stuff. So, I picked up a few tubs and tubes; enough to last for at least, oh... a few years!

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I know I enjoyed the old version's scent, but I also like Taylors Avocado's scent.

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck--I DETEST the scent of the old Body Shop cream, but the lather and skincare is among the best of all creams I have used. Corinne loves it, she says it smells like a vitamin store.

7. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Like a vitamin store? My multis smell like vomit and I gag every time I open the container and again when I actually manage to put it in my mouth.

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I don't know.....this is what madame said to me. She wants to buy again this cream for me, I said not to. I cannot live with the scent.

9. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Smelling like a vitamin store is a good thing? Who knew?! :eek:

10. Steve

Steve New Member

The old cream's scent was called "Woodsy Sandalwood". I loved it but the new one smells good too!

Steve

11. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Same here. Yick.

Maca root is a vegetable and a stimulant of the pituitary gland, but it has to be ingested for any value. It has amino acids, vitamins, minerals, sterols, fatty acids, and glucosinates. It's suppose to make you happy.

Some athletes use it instead of anabolic steroids to help increase strength and energy. Currently it is undetectable with normal testing.

12. Flatfish

Flatfish Member

I liked the old smell. I use the old pot to hold my paperclips in at work. Even though I washed the pot out I still get a whiff of scent everytime I reach for a paperclip. I wonder what I can put in the nearly empty Taylors rose pot?