The brush and the blade.

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by dees77, Apr 24, 2014.

1. dees77

dees77 Member

I found a nice omega brush yesterday. I see alot of women speak of using a feather blade. Yes I'm new I reading and have watched some you tube videos. What is the difference between a feather and a normal blade? Why do most women go towards the Feather blade. I'm going to wander to the book store at some point any book recommendations. even better something on Amazon I can download. Thanks everyone!

2. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Feathers are generally considered the sharpest blade you can find. Other than that, no difference from others and I've found some others come close to the Feather's sharpness. The Personna Lab is one of those and it costs less than half what Feathers cost. On books, I don't know of any aimed at women but Leisureguy's Guide to Gourmet Shaving is available on Amazon as an ebook and probably has a lot of things that apply to both men and women.

Ceferguson and dees77 like this.
  3. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Feather blades are noted for their sharpness. Some people believe that they are the sharpest blades available.

dees77 likes this.
  4. dees77

dees77 Member

Thank you both!

5. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

I give my wife the blades I finished shaving with and she uses them for weeks. When I ask she can't really tell a difference from any of the different blades I tried out and then gave her

dees77 likes this.
  6. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Sharpness shouldn't matter much for a woman since body hair isn't any where as thick as facial hair.

dees77 likes this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

And yet it does, at least for me. They give me a smoother shave than any other brand.