The Buddha Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by IAmTheJody, Dec 28, 2011.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Well after the miserable failure that was my first attempt at restoring a vintage brush, I trashed that handle. But what to do with the new 18mm TGN Finest Badger knot?

Look to my next odd-ball collection of course... my many Buddha figures!

Got out the Dremel tool, bored a hole in the bottom, set the knot!

Say hello to my new 18mm Finest Badger Buddha Brush...

DSCN2323.JPG
    DSCN2324.JPG
    DSCN2325.JPG
    DSCN2326.JPG
    DSCN2327third.jpg

canoeroller, Enrico, MattCB and 8 others like this.
  2. IAmTheJody

This makes me want to find other odd-ball things to use as handles! :happy102: Could be the start of something new for me!

GDCarrington likes this.
  3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Awesome ingenuity, Jody! :happy096:

alpla444 and IAmTheJody like this.
  4. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Jody that's freaking awesome man!

IAmTheJody and alpla444 like this.
  5. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

cant say much more than the above, :bounce017::happy096::bounce017: Very Enlightening

Queen of Blades and IAmTheJody like this.
  6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

You need a Troll doll brush next.

richgem, Mechguy, tomnat and 2 others like this.
  7. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Great looking brush;), can not wait to see what else you come up with.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  8. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Out-damn-standing Jody. I'm super impressed with that brush man. You gave me an idea. Not that I need anymore brushes, but I'm keeping my eye out for the less obvious shave brush handle now.

I wish I could double like a post!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  9. IAmTheJody

Thanks everyone. :D

Yes, I'm definitely looking at all kinds of things in a new way now. :happy102: I've already seen a cool University of Mississippi wine bottle stopper made of pewter with a nice hole-opening just ripe to have the cork removed and replaced with a shaving knot! Hotty Toddy, GO REBELS! OLE MISS! :happy097: Only thing that stopped me from buying it was the $29 plus shipping. I don't want to spend that much on it.

battle.munky likes this.
  10. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Thats definitely kinda got a heavy "YOU DA MAN" thing going on!! But then people expect more from a true 'Gillette-i Master'...but it's always great to see you're still exceeding their expectations....;)

Fan-Damn-tastic.....That pic of the Buddah-brush next to The 'Precious' would make a great TSD calender cover....'We Ain't Foolin' Around...'lol

Sodapopjones and IAmTheJody like this.
  11. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

oh I absolutely love that idea!

12. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Nice job, Jody! You have taken your first step into a much larger world. Very inspiring.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Buddhas aren't my thing, but very ingenious!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  14. skyfox12

skyfox12 Active Member

I really like that. I noticed that you like the Star Wars motif, would it be possible for your next endeavour in shaving brush handles, is to find material solid enough to carve or manipulate in such a way that it could resemble a lightsaber hilt. I think a Qui-Gonn or Obi-Wan style hilt would more conducive for a good knot than say an Anakin/Vader hilt. A Count Dooku hilt would be wicked cool, but slightly more problematic. What would be even more awesome is if you could find some sort of permanent dye and dye them the appropriate color for the hilt chosen. May the Force be with you.:)

15. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Nice handle Jody! I think it's awsome!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  16. Sodapopjones

Maybe one of these would make a good handle...

[​IMG]

IAmTheJody, SharpSpine and Mechguy like this.
  17. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Nice work, as I like Jade. I thought you divorced Ole Miss and went with Southern Miss?

IAmTheJody likes this.
  18. IAmTheJody

Thanks again every one! :D

Well I'm not really into Star Wars. I do enjoy the movies but the Yoda thing mostly took a life of its own here at TSD. I need to find a Yoda figure specifically if I'm going to do a Star Wars-related brush.

Sweet looking shifter. Of course you'll have to find a mini-hydraulic 100-pound jack to use as a brush holder... :happy102:

Ole Miss finally woke up and got rid of Houston "Giggity" Nutt and forced the AD, Pete Boone, into retirement. So they've a reprieve from my defection. Just about the hole fanbase breathed a sigh of relief when it was announced that Boone would be gone by the end of 2012 and wouldn't have anything to do with the hiring of the new football coach or the new AD. Of course I'll probably be screaming the same thing in another 2 to 4 years because that's our cycle but I'm hoping...

19. IAmTheJody

Hrmmm... that bobble head should be perfect if I can get the spring out of it...

[​IMG]

GDCarrington and Sodapopjones like this.
  20. Sodapopjones

Make it so....

GDCarrington likes this.