The Deserted Island

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Shep, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I know it's been done a hundred times before, but it's been awhile and always fun to see what people choose. Of course I'm talking about if you get "Gilligan'd" and end up on that proverbial isle what would be the one soap OR cream you would want with you? Yes, I'm going to be a hard case and limit you to one pick. Anything more and you might as well be at home!

Tonight I shaved some KMF Lime and was thinking to myself it's a decent enough budget cream but not perfect. If I were stranded in shaving isolation my choice is clear: I want Proraso Cream. It's perfect. Cheap, smells clean, shaves awesome, cools, soothes and never lets me down. I also figure I'll be grateful for that menthol numb after resorting to sea shells or volcanic glass as my shave tool.

So my pick is the big P. What about you?

2. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Easy VDH Deluxe

3. Fido

Fido Member

Castle Forbes lavender cream. Sumptuous!

4. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Maca Root sc for me please. The most forgiving slick lather I can think of. Now if I could only have my favorite razor and endless supply of preferred blade...

5. gman41

gman41 Member

The Island

I'd like just the island for about a week right now.

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    YES! This! I'll take the same.

7. ARKO cream sensitive works for me.

8. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Probably my Arko Stick, since I probably would not have a mug, and if I did have a mug, I would prefer to use it to collect rain water (for shaving of course).

9. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

As much as I love menthol I'm going with Mitchell's Wool Fat-I just love that stuff. I never tire of that clean unique scent. It's the slickest most protective
    face goop I've tried-and I've tried a lot.

I'm assuming I'll be able to bring my Osage Rub as well. If not I may have to revert to ISZ.

10. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Kell's Original for me. It is the best shaving soap I have ever used.

11. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

I like them all, but I would just say TOBS Rose

12. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

not really sure which brand but you can bet your boots it'll be Bay Rummy !!

13. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

If i'm on an island and I can choose one, who cares about the cost? GFT Violet cream OR soap!

14. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Still the same answer... Just click the button. :cool:

15. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Any flavor of TSD Wheat cream for me please!

16. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

It really doesn't matter that much. Any one of at least four soaps and three creams would be fine as a one and only. There's a few others that I'd shrug and accept as passable. Just to pick one, D.R Harris Almond.

As long as I have a decent razor, blades, and brush. Otherwise I'd reconsider my dislike of beards.

17. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

A tallow Palmolive stick!

18. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I think I gotta side with 1OldGI on this, I always seem to gravitate back to VDH deluxe. Second would be C.O. Bigelow/Proraso though. Had to throw that in just in case Wally World has indeed stopped stocking VDH.....

19. MadCapsule

MadCapsule Member

Kell's Original hemp/aloe blend in the Arabian Spice scent. It leaves my face soft and moisturized and I absolutely love the way it smells.

20. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

C.O. Bigelow / Proraso Green

C.O. Bigelow / Proraso Green