The difference between -Pure, Best and Silver Tip Badger Brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by PatrickA51, Apr 1, 2014.

1. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Ceferguson and Doryferon like this.
  2. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

3. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

4. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

I have a high mountain knot I put on a homemade brush and it is much softer than the silvertips but I can't tell a difference between my silvertips , super badger and best badger brushes. But they are all softer than a plain badger brush I have. I was suprised the horse hair vie long brush was close to the silvertips in softness

5. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

No pictures while lathering
    Your links has,mine don't.

6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Here is another useful article from Shaving 101: Understanding Hair Grades of Badger Brushes.

The various vendors often use different names for badger hair grades. It seems to be a case of good-better-best for most brands, with the quality levels differentiated by both name and price. To make things more confusing, Dovo "pure badger" brushes are much better than anyone else's pure badgers, and also more expensive. They are likely using a much better grade of badger than what is called "pure" by other manufacturers.

It can be rather annoying trying to compare what are often apples and oranges. It can be helpful going to a brick-and-mortar store to check out the brushes in person. If there is no such store nearby, online reviews are also helpful.

After using badger brushes and an Omega boar, I realized that I could have done just as well using the boar brush. In fact, I am now coming to the conclusion that Omega boar brushes better than badger and cost far less.

Doryferon likes this.