The difference betweet the yellow and black feather DE blades.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Sindala, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Sindala

Sindala New Member

I stumbled across an offer of black packaged Feather DE blades. I wondered if there was any difference between the black Feathers and the yellow ones. I searched the www for the difference. Most people think there is no difference. Some though state there is a difference. When I noticed no one had done this before, I decided to ask the source... the Feather company website.

On the question if there was any difference between the two versions Feather replied:

Dear Mr.,

Thank you very much for your e-mail dated December 10, 2010 through our website.

Regarding your inquiry about our double-edge blades in different packaging, please be advised that there are no difference in quality of blades between yellow package and black package.These are completely same products just in different packaging. (Please be advised that the black package contains 5 blades and yellow one contains 10 blades.)

Thank you very much again for your interest in our products, and please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

=================================
    Tsuyoshi Ishiyama
    FEATHER SAFETY RAZOR CO.,LTD.
    OVERSEAS TRADE DIVISION

FEATHER BLDG.5TH FL.
    5-2, DOJIMA 1-CHOME
    KITA-KU, OSAKA 530-0003, JAPAN
    =================================

So, I suppose this clears any doubt there could be ;-)

Happy shaving,
    Sindala

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Hmmm, I guess it doesn't get anymore credible than that. Great thinking; I never thought of contacting the company for the info. It seems most companies these days either don't care or have incompetent people on their customer service portals. I've placed them as a nearly last resort in my mind, for quality info.

3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:sihns011 Now I'll have to remember this thread for the next time the yellow/black Feather wrapper question gets asked.

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Thanks for asking! Nice to hear from the source.

5. MadCapsule

MadCapsule Member

I bought a variety pack of yellow and black label Feyathers and was unable to tell the difference between the two. Now I know why.

6. paydepst

paydepst Member

Well that is useful information. I'm astonished that they bothered to reply. In most cases the term "customer service agent" in these factories is a monumental misnomer. They seem to be there to drive potential customers away or this is my experience anyway. Happily the Feather Blade company appears to be an exception.

7. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Sounds like this should be done with all the other brands of blades that have differing colored packaging...it would surely clear up a lot of questions