The Dog from Hell...

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Mama Bear, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berzerkeleyan

berzerkeleyan New Member

Great pictures and stories, folks. I'm not a dog person -- been bitten twice and mauled once. So as a species, I don't like them. But as individuals, dogs can be great.

I'm definitely more of a cat person.

2. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm New Member

I keep coming back and looking at the pics of Tank. He is just adorable and his expressions are priceless!

3. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

We're cat people (three of them), but we keep talking about getting a dog too. We want one we can take hiking with us. But we're expecting to adopt a kid in early summer, and we want to do that before we add a dog to the household.

4. MullersLaneFarm

Thanks Rene. It really hurt that day to make the decision.

Aggie didn't miss a step. Amputated on a Saturday morning, home Sunday afternoon. It seem to bother me more than it did Aggie. She adjusted very well. Folks meeting her don't realize right off that she's a tripod. She's the fastest dog of the bunch and you should see her leap over fences and into the back of the truck.

5. berzerkeleyan

berzerkeleyan New Member

That's pretty amazing. Aggie sounds like she's got a lot of character.

6. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Congratulations on adopting! I wish you all the best. We adopted our 9 year old daughter from Guatemala last April. Best thing that ever happened to us next to getting married. It was 14 months of joy, frustration and agony from the time we decided to adopt to the time we brought her home. It's been getting better ever since.

MoAllen likes this.
  7. MullersLaneFarm

Congrats on adoption! Children are your hearts walking around outside your body.

8. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

No pictures.....but I will tell you about a dog from hell. I moved house a few months back.....and apart from family....do not have many visitors. A young lady (who l have known for many years) lives a short distance from my house.Shortly after I moved in....she called in for a chat.....dog in tow! Now I like animals a lot....so I bought some "doggie treats" for any future visits. The dog was a quick learner.......every time my "Vision of Loveliness" tried to pass the house......it dragged her in! All well and good......but Sheba (the dog) has made herself at home. She now sits between us and eats treats. I have even had to start buying a low fat variety to keep her weight down. The chances of me ever needing to use one of my razor/brush combinations I have been saving for a special occasion are rapidly diminishing. Now that REALLY is a dog from hell:mad:

9. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

couldnt have said it better myself.. Love his expressions...just knowing he has the power to throw me around or even Mama Bear .thats something else but knowing its just a Puppy..bad puppy..but still those Logs look just what I throw in my Fireplace...and thats not light material !!!!!!! his name is PERFECT fitting !:rofl

10. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Big Smiles.....

Attached Files:

11. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

Animals are amazingly adaptive. One of our cats is paraplegic, and she gets around just fine...up and down the steps, climbs onto chairs, scales the cat tree, etc. And she's a very happy kitty. Seems that animals don't sit around and feel sorry for themselves like people often do. They just get on with it.

12. MullersLaneFarm

You can tell from the pics that Tank has a gentle soul.

Does he have any KONG toys? http://www.kongcompany.com/worlds_best.html It is the only one that my dogs haven't been able to destroy. They love running after it since it bounces all which way when it lands. Aggie will toss it up herself to chase it.

13. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

I had one of those for my old dog and he didn't like it... I will go and check if I still have it... Tank destroys just about everything and that is JUST what I need! Thank you Cyndi!~ He is a very, very gentle soul... or should be once he has grown out of puppy stage... but yes, he is a doll... so sweet it is almost unbelievable.

Bear Hugs~

14. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

My Other Dog - Bonnie @ 2

[​IMG]

15. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

Sue, Don't you know All Dogs are from Heaven! :)

16. MullersLaneFarm

Beautiful QH dog, Rich!

Is she still that color??

17. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Yes, she is that color. Very black with a lot of chrome. She has silvertips in the neck area that make her sparkle in the sun. Her full brother is a black with a cream gene which makes him a more chocolate/black. Bonnie will be bound for a new home in Texas unfortunately to be a broodmare. It was a decision I have been agonizing over for a year but in the long term this is best for her and us. I will be keeping her younger full brother. She is unsound in the left front fetlock and cannot be used as a full time performace horse which is her specialty. Her brother is more a pleasure horse. I love her to death but I have to let her go. :( She loves babies and will make a great Mama.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.