The end of SAD

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Linuxguile, Sep 13, 2018.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

:angry019::prrr::prrr:

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Looking forward to returning to SAD in 2019.

Edison Carter and Frijolero like this.
  3. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

.....I just bought a new soap today :(

Frijolero, Linuxguile and Paul Turner like this.
  4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Well I didn't say it was the end of your SAD.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

5. brit

brit in a box

thats quite a collection. i am trying to use the creams before they go bad.at 3 shaves per week at best it will take a while...its hard to resist buying more though...

battle.munky and Linuxguile like this.
  6. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

Say what?

Edison Carter, Linuxguile and PLAla like this.
  7. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

End of this year and the TSD store will be closed.

Linuxguile and PLAla like this.
  8. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

Well damn. Guess I need to figure out what I want to buy/try.

jason koonce, Linuxguile and PLAla like this.
  9. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

That’s for sure! I’ve singled out a soap that I’m not wild about and used it much harder and more frequently than the others............and I’m FINALLY maybe halfway through the tub! A 5.8oz Stirling soap is a true bargain.

10. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

I see a couple artisans not listed that you would probably really enjoy the performance of, but out of respect for your desire to cure your disorder I'll refrain from adding any temptation :santa

Edison Carter and Linuxguile like this.
  11. Linuxguile

I didn't/don't have a desire to cure the disorder. I'm simply saying that I'm currently in a state of rest, or remission if you will. I am more drawn to interesting scents more then performance because honestly I've never had a bad shave due to a poor performing soap. I'm also value mined and I have a hard time justifying a $4 or more per ounce soap and am not really interested in chasing the "latest and greatest" soap base. This is why you see more Stirling and RazoRock soaps on my list then anything else, they offer a great selection of scents at a fantastic value. It will either take a very interesting scent ( T&S Maya was one such example) or a great sale price (I love picking up used soaps on BST for a steep discount) in order for me to pick up more "premium" soap offerings.

Terry, RyX, Edison Carter and 2 others like this.
  12. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

You piled up your soap jars and finally used them to crawl out of the rabbit hole. For me, I climbed out on tubes of cream. I don't think I've made any shaving-related purchases in well over a year and it feels good because the addiction was hurting my wallet. Shaving doesn't necessarily lose its charm either because we've all stockpiled so many different tools, soaps, creams, and aftershaves that there's almost always something new to use even if you don't have a constant stream of stuff coming in through the mail.

13. brit

brit in a box

i agree.i could go a couple of years to learn every tool, blade ,soap and brush combination with all the gear i have.nice to have a choice or two.great learning curve...

14. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

I have been in SAD rehab for a bout a year and have not suffered too much. Now I enjoy what I have and can look over what's new and not really have the urge to acquire anymore items. My local source for Williams has stop stocking it, I confess to the act of buying their last stock of 24 pucks!!!! The doctor was not too happy about this!!! I may well become so diseased that I cannot be completely cured, but I will struggle on!

15. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

16. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

Just tell him Williams is not soap just like beer is not drinking.

17. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

So do I, but not hoarding 500 cakes of it at a time. Better to have just a couple cakes very high quality soap, and spend the savings taking my girlfriend out to a nice restaurant. It also prevents those "You selfish a##, you spent all that money on yourself, but nothing on me?" comments that would likely result. Not to mention that most women hate a cluttered mess.

18. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

I decided not to buy any more razors and just use the ones I have hanging on the......wait, wait, there is a GEM Damaskeene.
    I'll have to get back to you.

19. brit

brit in a box

soap lasts forever....

20. Linuxguile

Just make sure you spend more on her them your soap stash, problem solved!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk