The end of SAD

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Linuxguile, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    That is assuming full disclosure of shaving purchases...:signs002:

Terry, Linuxguile and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

i ve gained more ground sharing my purchases with my wife. she is happy i am not buying more hot rods...

Terry and Linuxguile like this.
  3. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

In my 70 some years, I have found shaving soaps to be cheaper than girlfriends!!!

4. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I strongly recommend the Barber Shoppe scent. Its a very unique take on a Barbershop scent, and is the one I judge all the others against. I just ordered two pucks and an aftershave of it so I don't run out. With what I already have, that should last me another six or so years...

5. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I can't get rid of me SAD. I have about 8 soaps and have not been wet shaving long enough to have tried too many. I have so many more that I need to try before I'm even close to calling it quits. I finally got MdC so at least that one is off my list.

6. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I've been fighting SAD all year. My goal was to reduce soaps over this year. Use up what I can and not buy any more. I've done a pretty good job. I've PIFed a few and sold a couple. I've added some samples but at least those are used up more quickly than full tubs. It's tough to see all the software on BST sites and new releases. Must have good self control!

7. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Well so much for SAD being over. I'm probably going to pick up all of the Stirling Black Friday offerings with matching splashes.

8. PLAla

Yep, I'm interested in those as well! Right after I posted a little while ago I saw a BST post for 10 soaps for $25. All artisan. The guy has 100 soaps for sale and you get a grab bag of 10. Hard to resist, but I don't need any!

9. Linuxguile

I though I knew all of the BST's but I haven't see that post

PLAla likes this.
  10. Pete123

Pete123 Well-Known Member

MdC is the only pone still on my list.

brit and PLAla like this.
  11. PLAla

Wet Shaving Enablers on Facebook.

jason koonce and Linuxguile like this.
  12. Linuxguile

Ah! I don't Facebook!

PLAla likes this.
  13. PLAla

Well, I was wrong regardless. It's another one on Facebook called The Shave Chapel. I'm in three BST groups on there. Means trouble! The guy sold all 10 lots in a couple of hours.

jason koonce likes this.
  14. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

As much as I’ve spent on shaving hardware and software I’ll never get close to what she spends on makeup, clothes, shoes, hair, nails, etc.

Plus I buy her nice gifts so she’s way ahead.

Also, I’m careful to keep things neatly stored and out of the way which, compared to the state of her clothes closet... well, enough said.

It never ceases to amaze me how much vendors are able to charge for women’s products compared to the price of men’s products. I could have three times the shave gear and still be cheaper than her stuff.

Linuxguile likes this.
  15. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

It’s nice to have you back.

Linuxguile likes this.
  16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

17. brit

brit in a box

just ordered lpl apricot and oud/sandalwood.didn t need it just ...well you know..

18. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Enough said, we know.

Linuxguile and brit like this.
  19. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I'm glad you are over it. I didn't see any of Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations on your list. I have long loved her soaps and preached them to anyone who would listen. She is finally starting to get some of the recognition she deserves, but still flies under the radar compared to some other artisans.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Linuxguile and brit like this.
  20. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Try buying samples instead of full tubs.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk