The Enoch Single Edge by Classic Shaving....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Enoch was delivered today. Unfortunately, I shaved earlier today and will have to wait until tomorrow morning to give it a go. But, it looks very nice and the blade loaded up onto the tabs without much issue. Pretty much looks very evenly exposed through the whole length of the razor head and no sloppiness at all detected on the blade fitment. Tight and evenly held. The threaded stud is just slightly on the rough side in terms of removing and installing the handle but, I unscrewed and reinstalled it a few times and the tightening action became a bit smoother and was a non issue after about 3-4 repetitions. It’s loaded with a fresh Feather Pro and ready for tomorrow mornings maiden shave with the Enoch.

On a side note, all those products were included in the package. I DID NOT ORDER ANY OF THESE. It is part of the extra bonus that Mr. Webster and CS included in the package I’m assuming. An extremely generous gesture and I’m very appreciative of it. It was not needed but, I thank them nonetheless.....

FA810826-4776-4104-9125-B352E8262241.jpeg
    C2F90EDD-7C63-4C38-84D3-497EEE5D47AF.jpeg
    3987EA56-7D28-4A35-8E4E-5654F70D7BC3.jpeg
    7FBB6229-BA06-4BDF-BB19-979600A420A6.jpeg
    E69F5CF7-AA03-4EEC-A9A8-4A4661FEED64.jpeg

Primotenore, Jim99, Keithmax and 8 others like this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

looks nice......

Str8on2 likes this.
  3. Str8on2

4. Str8on2

Thanks my friend. But, ultimately it will come down to the shave to determine if it’s a stud or a dud..... ;)

BamaT and jimjo1031 like this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

very true, but it'll be a good looking one.............

PLANofMAN and Str8on2 like this.
  6. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I received mine today as well:

[​IMG]

Keithmax, BigD, Terry and 2 others like this.
  7. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Looks wise, it's cool, but I'll still take a micromatic.

8. Str8on2

Nice. Any issues with the razor at all? And the bonus items were a nice touch to be honest....

jluc likes this.
  9. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

No issues at all and agreed, the bonus items were a nice touch. I'll give it a go in the morning.

Str8on2 likes this.
  10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

[​IMG]

Feather Pro locked and loaded for tomorrow morning

Keithmax, brit, BigD and 4 others like this.
  11. Str8on2

Short and sweet. How did it shave? Very well thank you very much. First things first is this is not an original Occam’s or O.R.E.N razor in feel and performance. The floating blade design is now replaced by the traditional rigid and vice like hold and full support of the top and bottom plates. Does it just as good as an Rx, Vector, ATT SE1 and any other AC designed razor. The razor feels balanced along the whole length of it with a high quality look to it.

The shave itself with the Enoch was efficient in that 2 passes and some minor buffing along the chin and jawline produced A BBS result. The shave was comfortable and smooth yet, there is enough blade feel that in no way is this considered a mild razor. Actually, it’s very similar in shave feel to the Blackland Vector and shares the small head profile along with being very close in design (nearly identical) to the Asylum Rx, though nowhere near as blade forward feeling. It has design attributes of both yet still exhibits it’s own feel and performance. It has a nice balance of smoothness & efficiency and shaves equally as good as any other AC styled razor.

I’ll shave with it for a full week and see how it delivers and performs with other brands of blades. I have no doubt that it will be a consistently good performer.....

453727E2-B053-455D-A1B1-FAB2F8491E9C.jpeg

wristwatchb, Jim99, Keithmax and 6 others like this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

[​IMG]

Took the Enoch out for its maiden voyage this morning. I do not have a Vector or Asylum so I’ll compare it to my Cobra Classic. As Gus mentioned there is enough blade feel that most would not consider this a mild razor. I liken it to a Cobra Classic + in terms of blade feel and aggressiveness. However with a Feather Pro I found the shave to be very smooth and efficient. The angle was very easy to find and maintain. I am really impressed with the Enoch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Str8on2

Shave #2 just as good if not better than the first with the Enoch. The Feather Pro blade can feel a bit harsh like on its first to second shave. None of that with the Enoch as it really just feels comfortable and gives direct feedback on exactly what the blade & razor are doing in unison. Almost Cobra like on how it takes down the whiskers. Very impressive so far....

7619CEEB-CD42-4F1B-B36D-5B7D6C9AD988.jpeg

14. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

January 1, 2020

Occam's Enoch
    Schick ProLine
    Paladin Shaving Round Table LE
    PAA Gondolier Soap & Aftershave
    ADP Cipresso Di Toscana

[​IMG]

wristwatchb, BigD, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

January 1, 2020
    Enoch
    Feather Pro
    Rudy Vey with Shavemac Finest
    Rocky Mountain Barber Company Sandalwood
    Fine Santal Absolut Aftershave

[​IMG]

wristwatchb, BigD, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  16. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

January 1st
    Razor: Occam's Enoch
    Blade: Feather AC Professional (4)
    Brush: Grizzly Bay MaxFury
    Pre-shave: PAA The Cube
    Soap: PAA Aqua D
    PAA Galactic witch hazel
    PAA Star Jelly unscented
    AS: PAA Aqua D

Good morning and Happy New Year!
    [​IMG]

17. brit

brit in a box

awesome razor and pics gents..

Str8on2 and jluc like this.
  18. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

Along with your review of this razor, you mentioned others such as the Occam's, OREN and Vector. Of those 4, which do you prefer? Thanks

Str8on2 and brit like this.
  19. Str8on2

I'll establish a list of my favorites:

1. Asylum Rx: Ferociously efficeint. Yet, with a light touch and good technique, very few safety razors in my den (except for my straights, Ikon Tech, EVO DOC SS and Vision) can match it for shave closeness and feel. Phenomenal and top dog. For me that is.

2. Blackland Vector: Maneuverable, smooth, efficient and the razor that feels closest to a cartridge that I've experienced. Depending on blade choice one can alter blade feel and comfort. Great razor.

3. Cobra Classic: Nothing in the market looks like a Cobra nor shaves quite like one. Arguably, the best compromise in smooth and efficient in a razor regardless of format imo. This razor could be #2 or even #1 on this list. Why isn't it? The locking mechanism and alignment are it's achilles heel. Otherwise a glorious shaver.

4. Paradigm Ti SE: Nothing is smoother or more skin friendly than this razor. You want a shave where you can't feel the blade? This one right here will do it for you. Not the most efficient feeling razor but, a Feather Pro Super gives it some ooomph.....

The Enoch and with only 2 shaves in with it gives me a semi combination of the Vector and Cobra. Light and nimble as the Vector with a similar cutting action of the Cobra. Not exact but, close enough. Still more shaves needed with different blades as well to see where it will ultimately end up at. But, right now of the 4 you mentioned it would be Vector, Enoch then the 2 Occam's variants.....

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

January 3, 2020
    Enoch
    Feather Pro
    Paladin
    Stirling R4L
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

wristwatchb, BigD, Keithmax and 2 others like this.