The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

9th March 2021.

59 .jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget.
    Face Lather.
    Lather : Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Asco Super Stainless. (D3)
    Razor: Parker 89r.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 menthol crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./The Real Shaving Co.~ Post Shave Soothing Balm./ Denim Original ASL.

Greetings,

The Asco blade continued to perform with efficiency paired together with the assertive parker 89r mowed through my stubble with effortless ease.

Another pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report....Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Denim Original ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

jimjo1031, Jayaruh and brit like this.
  2. palmolive fox

11th March 2021.

60.jpg

Pre:
    Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Asco Super Stainless. (D4)
    Razor: Parker 24C.
    Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 menthol crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Aloe Vera Gel./ Brut ~Attraction Totale ASL.

Greetings,

The last few days i have been in contact with HR and our union rep due to at the start of the week Greensill our major provider of finance to Liberty Steel have appoint administrators putting 5,000 jobs across the UK at risk at Liberty Steel plants....If the inevitable happens, which i personally think it will, then i will find another job.

While i have been on furlough i have been looking into other forms of employment i won't just sit around and let the grass grow under my feet.

Back to the shave....

Last outing of the Asco Super Stainless blade which has performed adequately with each shave.. However, today i thought the blade would have started to lose it's smoothness, but to my surprise it didn't.
    Over the past few months i have been pushing my blades to the max, as before that regardless of the blade manufacturer or origin i used it for two shaves then it was binned...Each time i use Williams my love for it grows...I'll be honest and and say i bought it purely for it's classic vintage cover and like Arko I don’t mind the scent ( which some people don't ) to me both have a clean lemon soap scent it creates an acceptable slick smooth lather, which an dissipate from time to time if you don't get the mix right, but overall it does the job.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish my shaving week...Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Brut ~Attraction Totale ASL

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

jimjo1031, brit and Jayaruh like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  4. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gillette Fatboy (G3) Razor
    Bic Chrome Platinum Blade
    Rubberset 200-2 Boar (restored) Brush
    Stirling Bonaparte Shave Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Egyptian Musk
    Stirling Bonaparte After Shave Splash

Untitled.jpg

palmolive fox, Jayaruh and brit like this.
  6. palmolive fox

13th March 2021.

61.jpg

Pre:
    Brush: Omega 48.
    Face Lather.
    Lather : Phoenix & Beau ~ Citra Royale Shaving Soap.
    Blade : Silver Star Super Stainless. (D1)
    Razor: Muhle r41.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 menthol crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser/ Brut ~ Sport Style ASL.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend....After the uncertainty of losing my job there has been a glimmer of hope after our union had another meeting the outcome was that our management have been told that they still have adequate funding for our plant, despite it's main lender going into administration. those that are furloughed return to work in April on a 3 day week rota for 4-5 weeks due to covid-19 working rules and because the weakness in the market....we have been guaranteed work until the end of the year, after that it's uncertain...Not the best outcome by a long shot but at least i have something until i can get something with more stability and when it comes along I'll bite the bullet and go for it! regardless of my employer..

Carrying on using the Silver Star SS, another blade from the lord camp...A excellent razor/blade combo feeling very smooth & assertive...The P&B Citra Royale soap i haven't used for a while it provided me with a excellent slick protective lather with a really nice fragrance throughout each pass leaving a wonderful post shave feeling to my face...A very enjoyable 3 pass + pickups close comfortable /near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of Brut ~ Sport Style ASL.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    brit, Jayaruh and jimjo1031 like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  8. palmolive fox

14th March 2021.

62.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Pre:
    Brush: Omega 10051.
    Bowl Lather.
    Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather: Cella Crema Da Barba.
    Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless. (D2)
    Razor: Merkur 39c.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./P&G Old Spice Classic ASL.

Greetings,

(Mothers Day Shave UK)

A relaxing Sunday morning shave..

The Cella soap performed superbly, each time i shave with this soap it's fragrance reminds me of 'cherry Bakewell tarts'...My current tub is near complete but, all is not lost, i have another unopened tub ready to use. I have a great fondness for sweet almond /marzipan fragrance soaps.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups Close comfortable Sunday morning shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with generous splash of P&G Old Spice Classic ASL.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  11. jimjo1031

Gem G-Bar Razor
    Gem Stainless Blade
    Frank Shaving Badger Brush
    Proraso/Love My Skin Spearmint Soap
    Seabreeze Astringent
    Lucky Tiger Aspen After Shave

Untitled.jpg

brit, Jayaruh and palmolive fox like this.
  12. palmolive fox

SOTD : 16th March 2021.

63.jpg

Pre:
    Brush: Omega S10065.
    Bowl Lather.
    Lather : Super-Max Classic Shaving Cream.
    Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless.(D3)
    Razor: Parker 99r.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Nivea men~Sensitive PSB./ Benjamins ~ Mentholated Bay Rum.

Greetings,

A very smooth efficient shave. The Silver Star Super Stainless blade paired together really well with my parker 99r mowing through my stubble with ease.

Another pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Benjamins ~ Mentholated Bay Rum.

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  14. palmolive fox

18th March 2021.

64.jpg

Pre:
    Brush: Frank Shaving 24mm Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Lather : Derby Lavender Shaving Cream.
    Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless.(D4)
    Razor: Parker 92r.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. 3 Menthol crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea men ~ Sensitive PSB./ Herbs of Bulgaria ~ Lavender ASL.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

The razor & blade duo paired together superbly, mowing through my stubble effortlessly....Out of all my TTO parker DE razors the 92r is the most aggressive...The consistent assertiveness of the Silver Star SS blade throughout the week has been superb.

The derby lavender cream which i haven't used for a while provided me a wonderful slick protective lather which made my early morning shave a pleasurable shaving experience.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups very close comfortable near BBS shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish my shaving week....Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Herbs of Bulgaria ~ Lavender ASL.

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  16. jimjo1031

Schick C2 Repeating Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    Surrey Boar Brush
    Viking Revolution Clary Sage Shave Cream
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Egyptian Musk
    Shulton Old Spice After Shave

Untitled.jpg

palmolive fox, brit and Jayaruh like this.
  17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  18. palmolive fox

20th March 2021.

65.jpg

Pre:
    Brush: Semogue 830.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Tabac Original Shaving Soap.
    Blade : Lord Platinum Class.(D1)
    Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. 3 Menthol crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./Tabac Original ASL.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Continuing my month using Lord blades...The Lord Platinum Class blade are smooth and consistent very much like Personna labs in sharpness...I feel as though all the Lord blades I have used over the last few weeks could possibly be the same blade re-packaged giving different names & covers for selling purposes....However, the Silver Star feels more efficient than the Asco Super Stainless.,& Lord Platinum Class, this however could be down to the choice of razor?...As always reviews & opinions are very subjective...What is important is all the blades have been consistent with no dulling or dragging issues to cause irritation or cuts while shaving.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pickups close comfortable /near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of Tabac Original ASL.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    brit and Jayaruh like this.
  19. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  20. palmolive fox

21st March 2021.

66.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Pre:
    Brush: Semogue 1305.
    Bowl Lather.
    Lather: Bath House ~ Spanish Fig & Nutmeg shaving soap.
    Blade: Lord Platinum Class.(D2)
    Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. 3 menthol crystals Mixed Together With of 200ml Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./ Brut ~ Splash-On-Lotion.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...My vintage Gillette ball end tech performed wonderfully and paired together with the Lord Platinum Class resulting in a enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups Close comfortable Sunday morning shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with generous splash of Brut ~ Splash-On-Lotion.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Jayaruh likes this.