The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. navy mac

navy mac Well-Known Member

Thank you brother

Fellowship of cold water shavers

Robyflexx likes this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

How cold are the winters down there?

navy mac likes this.
  3. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

We get some cold weather. I'm in the Birmingham area, just a little north of center of the state. We get an ocassional snow/ice storm here, usually more icy conditions, and everything shuts down. Temps will get into the low 20's, maybe into the teens, and sometimes into single digits; I can remember a couple of times when it got down to 4. But that's the exception, and it generally doesn't last that long.

Humidity in the summer is a killer. Heat index has been about 104 for the last 3 days, actual temps about 95.

Robyflexx and navy mac like this.
  4. Paul Turner

I guess you'd need a daily ice-bucket challenge in the summers, eh? I didn't think that area could get that cold, however I do recall that the first Super Bowl in New Orleans(in the original Sugar Bowl), it was in the 30's.

BamaT and navy mac like this.
  5. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Most of the winter temps will be 30's and 40's. Getting into the low 20's and teens happens some, and single digits is kind of rare. There will usually be a few days when the actual summer temps hit triple digits with humidity on top of it, and it's brutal. Mid-high 90's happens too often. The old joke is if you don't like the weather in Alabama, just wait a little while, it will change!

navy mac, Paul Turner and Robyflexx like this.
  6. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

SOTD Sun. 6/26/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Amazing shave this morning with twins in the Adj. Easy three pass shave routine, the Haslinger soap was bowl loaded and face lathered. Slick, rich effortless lather, dolphin smooth finish. Have a great day friends. :happy069:

whiteboy_cannon, BamaT, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  7. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Had a decent cold shave this morning with Local Gent Lime Street. The lime was quite refreshing since it is 90 degrees today, cold water added to make it a great shave.

navy mac, ob1page and Robyflexx like this.
  8. Robyflexx

SOTD Mon. 6/27/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Excellent shave this morning, the PAL Adj. is a magnificent injector and Haslinger represents everything I love in a shave soap performance wise. Slick, cushiony and protective, just wonderful. Three easy passes and I'm silky smooth and refreshed. Have a great day friends. :)

navy mac and ob1page like this.
  9. Robyflexx

SOTD Tue. 6/28/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice shave with the GEM Pushbutton this morning guys. Silky smooth finish but as much as I like this single edge razor it requires a lot of work to get there due to it's mild qualities. La Toja never disappoints, it's just a marvelous shave soap and at it's cost everyone should try it. Have a great day friends. :cool:

10. navy mac

[​IMG]

Broke out the wolfman with the SMN V3. Amazingly cold shave and the synthetics are growing on me but nothing will replace my badgers.

preidy, barbersurgeon, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  11. Robyflexx

SOTD Wed. 6/29/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fabulous shave this morning with the PAL Injecto-Matic, this is my favorite injector razor, it provides me with perfect shaves every time folks. I'm so glad I used Stirling MITA this morning the Glacial blast is incredibly intense and provides much relief from the heat and humidity we are having here. Excellent shave soap! I am dolphin smooth and refreshed. Have a great day friends. :happy108:

12. Paul Turner

How will the Fellowship handle the dark cold days of winter?

navy mac likes this.
  13. navy mac

I will continue to use ice water shaving even in the cold weather. Just treats my face right

ob1page and Robyflexx like this.
  14. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

+1 this

Robyflexx and navy mac like this.
  15. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I'll go with whatever temperature the coldest setting on my faucet will produce. It's pretty chilly in the winter! It's warmer right now, of course, and that's why I've had a few ice water shaves the past couple of weeks.

Cold water works so well for me!

ob1page, navy mac and Robyflexx like this.
  16. Robyflexx

17. Robyflexx

Fri. 7/1/16
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wonderful shave this morning with the PAL Adj. injector razor. Mike aka waffen's homemade soap is outstanding, easy slick, rich lather. Face rubbed puck and face lathered, three passes for a silky smooth finish. I am smooth and refreshed. Have a great day friends. :)

18. Robyflexx

Sat. 7/2/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sublime shave this morning with my PAL Injecto-Matic razor. Haslinger is my favorite hands down. Three easy passes and I'm dolphin smooth and refreshed. Have a great holiday weekend friends. :happy069:

19. Robyflexx

20. Paul Turner