The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:thanks: Mac, and it certainly was buddy. I should be silky smooth all day. :D

navy mac and Paul Turner like this.
  2. Spiez

Spiez Active Member

Hi all,
    I really want to try cold water shaving due to the neck irritation I get. Can I please get a quick tutorial?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Just use cold water for all your shaving needs! Rinse or soak your brush with cold water, soak your soap in cold water, load your soap with cold water, fill your sink with cold water and rinse your razor with it, rinse your face with cold, etc.

Shave as you normally do but replace hot water with cold! It might seem odd or uncomfortable at first, but stick with it for great results.

navy mac, Rufus T. and Robyflexx like this.
  4. Robyflexx

:signs011:

navy mac, PLAla and Rufus T. like this.
  5. Hank

Hank Active Member

I may give this a try

145962858018711595.gif

navy mac, Robyflexx and PLAla like this.
  6. Robyflexx

Thu. 7/14/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today was my first shave with the Schick Fashion Razor and after three passes I am dolphin smooth but not with ease. I loaded this razor with a Twin blade and given the unorthodox shape of it I found it easy to figure out how to grip it whilst shaving. The problem for me is the inefficiency I encountered with this razor particularly XTG for my tough whiskers. The sheer amount of strokes required to mow down my growth even with a Twin blade made this shave feel too much like work rather than pleasure for me. Back to my trusty PAL Injecto-Matic tomorrow. Have a great day folks. :)

7. PLAla

It's worth a shot! It feels invigorating and has really helped me with redness and irritation. There are many other TSD testimonials for the benefits of cold water.

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. Spiez

Spiez Active Member

Ok, so I did my first cold water shave today. I did soak my brush in warm water to get a good lather. Does the shave still count? I used cold water the rest of the shave through. I have to say, it was great! I do have a little neck irritation though, but I did pull a game changer, I used a brand new FaTip Piccolo open comb razor for the first time, instead of my usual ATT or Futur. All in all, the shave was very invigorating and refreshing. Each time I rinsed with cold water, it felt fantastic. Even the cold razor gliding over my skin was great. For arguments sake, lets chalk up a little bit of neck irritation to using cold water vs. a lot of irritation if I had used hot water. I'm sure you all agree. For saturday mornings cold water shave I'll use my ATT and report back the results. Thanks for the tutorial yesterday PLAIa.

Spiez

9. Robyflexx

Right on buddy, welcome to the club. Feel free to add "Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers" to your signature and use the banner at will. Enjoy! :)

[​IMG]

navy mac and PLAla like this.
  10. Spiez

Spiez Active Member

Thanks! I'm officially a convert.

Spiez

navy mac, PLAla and Robyflexx like this.
  11. Spiez

Spiez Active Member

Hey Guys, how do I insert the logo into my signature?

Spiez

navy mac and Robyflexx like this.
  12. Robyflexx

Try copy and paste and if that doesn't work upload it to photo bucket and copy the HTML code and paste that. :)

navy mac likes this.
  13. Spiez

Spiez Active Member

Ok, thanks!

Spiez

14. cigarlover

cigarlover Well-Known Member

I am slowly converting to cold water shaving and I have to say my shaves are terrific. I never thought it could be :) I haven't shaved with hot water in 3 weeks now

15. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I am also enjoying the cold water shaving. Great shaves and no steam on the mirror.
    [​IMG]

16. PLAla

Fantastic! Welcome to the Fellowship! Glad to have two new converts.

@Jayaruh - Jim, aren't you proud of all the cold water shavers out there now! Jim was the first person to recommend it to me and then I saw lots of others using it. I'll admit that my first couple of cold shaves weren't convincing, and I went back to hot water. Then one day about three months later I tried cold water again. I haven't looked back since!

17. Spiez

Spiez Active Member

18. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I can't say I do a full cold water shave, but I have started keeping a bottle of water in the fridge for my final rinses. I don't really suffer from irritation with most shaves, but I do find that really cold final rinse very refreshing. Especially during this hot weather we're dealing with.

19. Spiez

Spiez Active Member

Spiez
    FCWS2_zpsljqddur7.gif

navy mac likes this.
  20. navy mac

navy mac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Another freezing cold ice water shave tonight the colder the better

[​IMG]

[​IMG]