The Generousity We See Here @ TSD, Still Knows No Bounds

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Bird Lives, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

From time time time we all see stories here at TSD about unsolicited acts of generousity and shaving heroism...Why I myself have had to start a thread or two about unbridled acts of thoughtfulness that I've witnessed...And I know the public at large is aware of some of this history....In fact: There Are Eight Million Stories of Kindness Here In The Naked Shave Cave......This is Two of them.......

All in one day.... @Mustache piffed me his Schick G8 because I said something when he got it about what a great razor I thought it was....and he also gave me a very shiney Ever Ready 1924 just because I like them so much...This is the kind of thoughtfulness that has made TSD community's rep so special...

Then I'm talking to @Rufus T. and I mention how I used to live in Turkey and shaved with Arko everyday. And he asked if I grew tired of it, and I said heck no! I miss it, I brought over a dozen sticks of it, but everyone I know, especially my Turkish friends hit me up for it...I piffed away a dozen sticks in the first month I was back in the States...ha,ha. So immediately, before I could blink, Rufus is handing me a stick of Arko...Boom! Like a Gunslinger...ha,ha. Perfect timing...

Then I said something about the Schick Repeaters were my Holy Grail razors and He holds up a finger and a second later hands over a Schick C3... Now, I'm knocked out, to be examining one of my favorite pieces of historical functional Art....When he's like, no it's yours...I was speechless...This is something I'll treasure for life...

Anyway, this place, TSD, is always amazing me how thoughtful and kind our Denizens are....And I just had to share these perfect acts of that very thing with all of you....Congratulations to both these Cats for being so hip...and Congratulation to TSD....For some reason, on a regular basis, very special people gather around here and do very special things for each other as if it's nothing ...Bravo, Whoot.....time for that Group Hug....

Thanks Mustache
    image.jpg

And Rufus T. You're too much...
    image.jpg

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    Herm2502, feeltheburn, Joef and 22 others like this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I gave a couple hundred Super Blue blades to a guy from the shave Nook (sorry, can't remember his name at the moment, I'm horrible with names) and a few minutes later he gave me a case for my Fatboy and a blade holder for one of my other cases. Very cool.

Weird thing, though. I had about five people try to buy my cased Lady Gillette razor. I practically had to beg people to look at the stuff I actually was willing to sell.

3. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

PIF's are great for everybody but random gifting helps build relationships that will last a lifetime.
    I have gifted things (and in the process of doing so again) to other members just because I wanted to. I have also received random gifting from other members. @Jayaruh has sent a couple items my way and we often PM each other about shaving and life. @Rufus T and I remain in contact with one another and have had some irons in the fire. @Bama Samurai offered me a test drive on a razor that particularly interested me. @Sara-s sent me some samples of her craftiness and some good advice for my family's soap making projects.
    This is a Great group of people here. That's why I remain (even though SWMBO may give me the business about always being on this forum).

4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Excellent :happy088:

Rufus T. and Dzia Dzia like this.
  5. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Excellent indeed! I have also been on the receiving end of a few PIFS. It's really nice how generous members on this forum are. It's a great forum!

6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

And yet, he won't PIF his printer's email address. :(

:p

7. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I've been on both sides of the generosity of this community.

I enjoy PIFing or just randomly sending a sampler if I am able. I also enjoy a random freebie once in a while too. It happens more often than anyone could expect around here. Just last night I was offered some Palmolive out of the blue because I expressed my love of the soap. Made my day.

8. Omelmad

That's because I care about the environment =P if I give out the printers email, I will have to throw away a lot of paper. What would the Swedish government think of that?

You see, I'm not mean.. It's the governments fault

Rufus T., Joef, wristwatchb and 3 others like this.
  9. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

You could always donate the paper to a confetti company. That way you're not only helping a small business owner, but also helping make people's celebrations so much happier. :)
    :bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017:

10. richgem

Sure, sure.. it's always the government's fault.

11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    What goes around, comes around. It is fun to receive, but it is even more fun to give. I have been blessed both ways.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    Rufus T., Joef, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  12. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

This is pretty tight community here at TSD as far as shaving forums are concerned. People want to help each other out and that's what it's all about. Getting the best shave possible and helping others along the way. :happy088:

Rufus T., Joef, Paul Turner and 5 others like this.
  13. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

Its a great community here. I've been blessed with an amazing helpful community in another hobby of mine as well, amatuer radio. I've been given 2 radios and been told to enjoy them. I have one in the car and one set up downstairs. Good people are everywhere. Its nice to find so many of them.

14. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

What if I told you I actually have that address? :p

Rufus T., Douglas Carey and Dzia Dzia like this.
  15. richgem

I'm sure we could arrange an extra herring shipment for you. :bounce015:

16. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I'll bet it's: =P@haha.com

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    Rufus T., tuxxdk and Dzia Dzia like this.
  17. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Take the red pill, Neo!

18. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Exactly the movie I had in mind :D Good one, Ryan ;)

19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    It's nice to hear these stories. I have found the Shave Den to be far less drama-laden then the other forum I frequent. That's a positive thing, IMO.

Rufus T., Joef, Boojum1 and 5 others like this.
  20. Omelmad

You got me there, but hmm.. I dont know of any company that i could donate the paper too. There is only commersial confetti here, probably made in China

Rufus T. likes this.